TYCO BMW ALL SET FOR SUPER FAST WEEKEND AT THRUXTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW ALL SET FOR SUPER FAST WEEKEND AT THRUXTON
[Image: mlavertyprethruxton.jpg]

Tyco BMW British Superbike riders Michael Laverty and Christian Iddon are looking forward with optimism, to this weekend’s action at Thruxton, which signifies the halfway point in the season.

Laverty enjoyed a podium finish last time out at Snetterton and is looking to get his Showdown fight back on track, with Iddon thankful to be over his recent finger operation which was restrictive at the previous round.

In the National 1000cc Superstock class, Tyco BMW’s Ian Hutchinson has closed the gap at top of the table to just 11 points after his win at Snetterton, and reigning champion Josh Elliott is looking to go one better than last season when he finished runner-up to the Tyco BMW of Alastair Seeley.

Iddon said: 

“Thruxton is one of the rounds I really look forward to the most, simply because it is so different to any of the other tracks we race on during the season. The nature of the track generates really close racing and I love that. My finger is feeling much better after the operation, so I am looking forward to this weekend now it is on the mend. At Snetterton I felt strong in race two and I think that we could have made up some more places if it hadn’t been for the red flag, but that’s the way it goes sometimes. It is definitely onwards and upwards for Thruxton.”

Laverty said: 

“I am looking forward to Thruxton because I feel the Tyco BMW S1000RR will be so much better there this year compared to last season. We know we have the pace and at this stage of the season we need to be bagging those big points for the Showdown. We need to be fighting for podiums and I think we can be up there challenging with Shakey and Leon. It has never been tighter in the top six since it was first introduced, so that is why this stage of the season is so important. I think Thruxton and then Brands Hatch GP will both be good circuits for us, which should be our opportunity to really push for the top six, because I don’t want a repeat of last season where it went down to the final round before the Showdown to confirm my place.”

Ian Hutchinson: 

“The goal is to keep the podium record consistency going at Thruxton on the Tyco BMW and if I can back up my win from Snetterton with another this weekend, then we would also close that gap to the top of the table even more. We will take one round at a time but I’m happy to be well in the hunt for the championship and it’s a matter of not getting too far ahead of ourselves. But so far so good this season on the TAS Racing prepared S1000RR.”

Josh Elliott: 

“A Tyco BMW won at Thruxton last year and hopefully we can repeat that this weekend again. Snetterton is now behind us and what will be will be, but for me I’m in a stronger place mentally than I have been for a number of rounds. I now can’t wait to stretch the legs on the S1000RR on Sunday and grab some big points.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

“Thruxton is a circuit which demands commitment and bravery from a rider, which we have shown in various class over the years, so we arrive with optimism for all four riders. In the Superbike class, the Showdown cut-off is getting closer, so both riders know that we need to be challenging at lot closer to the front –consistently through all sessions this weekend – as that often reflects in the end results. We won here last year in the Superstock class and coming off the back of a successful weekend at Snetterton with Hutchy – also taking into account Josh’s previous form at Thruxton – we fully expect both to be challenging for podium honours at the very least.”

Event Timetable

Friday: 

10.15am – BSB Free Practice 1; 11.50am – Superstock 1000 Practice; 3pm – BSB Free Practice 2

Saturday: 

9.30am – Superstock 1000 Qualifying 1; 10:05am – BSB Free Practice 3; 2.02pm – BSB Qualifying & Superpole; 5.20pm – Superstock 1000 Qualifying 2

Sunday: 

1.30pm – BSB Race 1 [20 laps]; 2.15pm – Superstock 1000 Race [16 laps]; 4.30pm – BSB Race 2 [20 laps]

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
20-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply