HICKMAN AND GBMOTO AIM FOR GLORY AT WORLD’S FASTEST ROAD RACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HICKMAN AND GBMOTO AIM FOR GLORY AT WORLD’S FASTEST ROAD RACE
[Image: jgspeedfitroadshdr.jpg]

The GBmoto Racing Kawasaki road racing team are back in action this week at their final European Road Race of the season, the Ulster Grand Prix. It is the fastest road race in the world and the squad will be looking to add to the podium joy already achieved this year.

Following a double podium weekend in the British Superbike Championship with Leon Haslam, the Road Racing side of GBmoto Racing Kawasaki heads to the Ulster Grand Prix eager to replicate that form. It has already been a strong season for the team, with rider Peter Hickman narrowly missing out on victory at the North West 200, before becoming the fourth fastest ever person around the Isle of Man TT.

Despite this being the first time GBmoto will compete at the Ulster, Peter and the team are confident heading into Saturday’s racing. Last year, Peter was able to secure his first ever International Road Race victory in the main feature race and the team are confident the factory supported Kawasaki ZX-10R machines provide the package to challenge for glory again.

First promoted in 1922, the Ulster Grand Prix has become synonymous with speed and currently boasts the title of the world’s fastest Road Race. Practice begins on Wednesday, followed by the Dundrod 150 races on Thursday and the main Ulster Grand Prix event on Saturday.

Excited to return to the scene of his first Road Race victory, Peter Hickman said, 

“I’m really excited to be heading back to the Ulster, it’s a fantastic event and is also the scene of my first ever International Road Race - so it has some very special memories for me! We’ve had a great year so far at both BSB and on the roads and the team is working really well. The Ulster is unbelievably fast but we’ve shown on the roads this year the bike is capable of getting on the podium, so I’m really looking forward to getting out on the GBmoto Kawasaki ZX-10R again this week and seeing if we can add to that tally!”  

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen added, 

“The whole of our GBmoto Racing roads team is looking forward to the Ulster Grand Prix - it’s our first time as a team, but we’ve only heard good things about the event! We’re still only in our second year competing on the roads, but Peter is a natural talent and this year we’ve achieved podium success and joined the very few elite to lap the TT at over 132mph. I’m confident that this week will see us again challenging for rostrums and hopefully even the win.

I would like to say a huge thank you to the guys in the team, it’s been an incredibly busy few weeks preparing for the Ulster alongside our BSB commitments and I’m looking forward to celebrating on Saturday after some great results!”

[Image: petehickmanatcreg.jpg]
Peter is the Fourth fastest ever TT Rider

10-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply