Triumph Valmoto pull out of TT 2004
Anonymous
Unregistered

Triumph Valmoto pull out of TT 2004
From Manx Radio's website <A HREF="http://www.manxradio.com">www.manxradio.com</A> :

Triumph Valmoto will not be competing at the 2004 TT races.

It's another blow for the festival coming just days after Honda confirmed they will not be sending their factory bikes to the Island this year.

Triumph Valmoto won the 2003 Junior TT through New Zealander Bruce Anstey and took the coveted manufacturer's award.

However, they say their main objective is victory in the British Supersport Championship.

Since last year's troubled TT meeting, all the big teams were given the opportunity to contribute to a lengthy consultation exercise which resulted in a series of changes being announced for future TT's.

However, Triumph Valmoto join Monster Mob Ducati and Honda on the list of manufacturers not returning to the Isle of Man in late May and early June.

14-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Triumph Valmoto pull out of TT 2004
Those responsible for causing the aggro with these teams last year should be Banned from the TT!
14-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Think on Baylon -- what makes you think that the Valmoto boys were purer than the driven snow???

They alleged, I believe, trouble with scrutineers among others -- me, I'm with the scrutineers!!
14-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could be wrong, but is there not an assumption from some quarters that Valmoto have pulled out because of last year.
15-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The logic escapes me.
Triumph won last year and the TT is not being run by the ACU this year, so how could they base their decision on last year?
They have just made a decision to put their money into somthing else this time.
15-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think this has anything to do with what happened in 2003.

Reading between the lines, I would say the budget isn't there this year, and the clash of dates doesn't help. I am certain that Jack Valentine will run teams at the TT again in the future, be it with Triumph, or someone else.

Paul
15-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

With some very powerful 2004 600's from the japanese manufacturers bound to make an appearance at the TT,Triumph have more to lose than to win this year.I would have liked to see that rocketship Junior bike again though...
18-01-2004, 03:18 AM