ILR - Schoots & Phillips Cadwell Reports
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR - Schoots & Phillips Cadwell Reports
[Image: ILRplainlogo.jpg]

Cadwell Park Report: Schoots registers best result of the season so far. Phillips relinquishes Superstock 600 championship lead.

Schoots registers best result of the season.

[Image: lougherwithschoots.jpg]
Nadieh Schoots with Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher.
Photo: Team ILR

Team ILR's Nadieh Schoots had her best result of the series so far, when the eighth round of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship paid a visit to Cadwell Park over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

With team owner Ian Lougher competing in the Isle of Man Senior and Lightweight Classic TTs on Saturday before travelling to Cadwell overnight, Schoots struggled a bit in qualifying but managed to take her place on the grid for Monday's race.

From the back of the grid, Nadieh had an early dice with Matt Pearce until the safety car came out on lap four, two laps later they were racing again and Schoots wasted no time getting past her fellow Kawasaki mounted rival to move into 26th.

There were a few fallers in the latter half of the race and Nadieh soon found herself up to 23rd, and when James White and then Darren Ibertson crashed out in front, she crossed the line just one place outside the Top 20 to bring the weekend to a very pleasing conclusion.

Nadieh Schoots: 

“I'm really pleased with my best result up to now, and I have lots of confidence for the next round.

Again, a big thank-you to my team, and Bring on Oulton Park!"

Phillips relinguishes Championship lead.

[Image: carlphillipscadwell.jpg]
Carl Phillips in action at Cadwell Park.
Photo: David Johnston Motorsport Photography

For Sandown Racing's Carl Phillips it was another disappointing weekend in the eighth round of the Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship at Cadwell Park over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Phillips had led the championship by 46 points, but a run of bad luck combined with a fourth podium on the trot for Jordan Weaving has saw his lead gone and he now lies second.

The team, who are operating from the Team ILR awning this season, have spent the last few weeks trying to iron out the front end problems that have beset the ZX-6R mid-season.

A couple of outings at Bishopscourt and Mondello Park seemed to do the trick and they arrived at Cadwell in a more positive frame of mind.

However, it soon became obvious that all still wasn't right as Carl struggled in qualifying to start the race from a lowly 27th on the grid, presenting him with an almost impossible task to score any meaningful points round the undulating and twisty Lincolnshire circuit.

This would prove to be the case although worse was to come.

At the end of the opening lap Phillips had moved up to 19th place but he then encountered the inevitable traffic and by the halfway stage had been unable to make any further progress.

Then it all went wrong for Carl as he was knocked off by a very enthusiastic Jordan Gilbert, which did his championship hopes no good at all and caused the race to be red-flagged with a result declared.

Weaving's third place now puts him ahead in the championship, but with only a four point deficit and three rounds to go it's still very much game on for Carl and his dedicated team.

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher: 

"It's been a tough weekend for both riders. Cadwell is never an easy place to come to and it was only Nadieh's second time here.

We stayed on with Carl for a track day on Tuesday and managed to get him comfortable with his new front fork internals, so hopefully when he goes out at Oulton he can be straight on the pace.

His championship fight definitely starts here."

Carl Phillips: 

"A busy weekend to say the least.

I would like to thank everyone who contacted me after my off, I was a bit stiff but nothing is broken and that's the main thing.

The bad news is, I have lost the lead in the championship and I now trail by 4 points.

The team remained at Cadwell to take in a trackday, more work needs done to put this bike back to where it was.

You would not believe the effort the boys have put in, if it were a proper job they would have walked out long ago!!.

This is frustrating for everyone, from sponsors to family and friends, please understand we are doing everything possible.

Thanks for now." 

The next round of both championships takes place at Oulton Park over the weekend of September 9-11th
01-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Website Find Reply