ILR - Connall Courtney: Cadwell Park Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR - Connall Courtney: Cadwell Park Report
[Image: ILRplainlogo.jpg]

Team ILR's Connall Courtney had his second outing since returning from injury when he took part in the latest round of the Hel Motostar British Championship at Cadwell Park over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

On what was his first visit to Cadwell Park, Connall found the going tough in Free Practice and Qualifying, but he did however qualify 13th quickest in the Standard Class to take his place on the split grid with the Motostar GP riders for Race One on Sunday.

But unfortunately he found he was still struggling to fully get to grips with the circuit's undulating and varied characteristics and he finished off the pace in 12th.

[Image: connalcourtnetatcadwell.jpg]
Connall Courtney in action at Cadwell Park.
Photo: David Johnston Motorsport Photography

In Race 2 on Bank Holiday Monday, Courtney soon got involved in a race with Connor Thomson.

And as the race progressed, a high rate of crashes elevated Connall to 8th place at the chequered flag in the Standard Class.

The next round is at Oulton Park on the weekend of September 9-11th.

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher:

"It's been a tough weekend, Cadwell Park is never an easy place to come to and this was particularly the case for Connall as it was his first time here."

Connall Courtney:

Home from a productive Cadwell.

I struggled to gel with the track as it is a tough track to learn being there for the first time.

However my times were constantly improving and my hand is not perfect but getting better.

As always huge thanks to my team, my sponsors Modern Tyres and my family for their support.

Preparing for Oulton in 2 weeks."
01-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply