Connall Courtney: Oulton Park Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Connall Courtney: Oulton Park Report
[Image: ILRplainlogo.jpg]

Connall Courtney's Oulton Park finished in disappointment when the young Warrenpoint rider crashed out of the ninth round of the British Motostar (Moto3 Standard Class) Championship on Sunday.

Up until that point it had been a promising weekend for Courtney who had lapped much quicker in qualifying than his previous best at the same circuit in May.

As the race got underway in dry, sunny conditions Connall got off to a bad start but soon became involved in a dice with fellow Honda riders James Alderson and Ewan Potter, with the latter two edging away slightly mid-race.

As the race reached the halfway point it was obvious that Potter and Alderson were tripping one another up as Courtney responded with his fastest lap of the race on the seventh circuit to close to within half a second of the duo.

On the next lap, Connall was right in the mix again, however at Hizzy's Chicane he had a coming together with Potter bringing both rider's race to a premature conclusion.

[Image: connalatoulton.jpg]
Connall Courtney in action at Oulton Park.
Photo: David Johnston Motorsport Photography
Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher: 

"Oulton was literally an up and down meeting for both Connall and his team-mate Nadieh Schoots.

Connall was improving all the time especially in the wet Q1 session, in the race though he had a coming together with another rider and they crashed out, both without injury. Nadieh meanwhile had a crash in Q1 on her first flying lap and hurt her shoulder, but managed to get back out for Q2 and improve her times over the last meeting in May, which was good.

It's only a few days now until we set up at Donington Park for this weekend's round, so it's onwards and upwards."

Connall Courtney: 

"Back home from a mixed weekend at Oulton. Had a really positive weekend up until the race, we had closed the gap to the group and I felt better on the bike with times getting consistently quicker.

After a bad start in the race and hitting a false neutral, I closed the gap ahead of me and was having a good battle until unfortunately I tangled with another rider and crashed. I'm ok, just tweaked a few old injuries but I'll hopefully be fit for Donington this week.

Thank-you to everyone for their messages and to my sponsors, Modern Tyres, team and family.
15-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Website Find Reply