R.I.P. Ian Robert Proven
Anonymous
Unregistered

R.I.P. Ian Robert Proven
One of the Isle of Man TT's greatest fans just passed away. He lived in New Zealand since 1971, took his YR350 Yamaha with him, complete with Manx heather on the handlebars and Sound Stories 12" TT albums for the memories, and umpteen black-and white 10x8" prints of Mike the Bike, Ago, Phil Read,Rod Gould, Bill Ivy, Renzo Pasolini, Bob Mac,and many others he watched racing, met and idolised for ever.

Ian Robert Proven was my big brother, and I idolised him.

Ian used to spend every penny he had on getting to the TT every year, the '60s TT years which held special magic............the duels between SMB and Ago being the stuff of legend.
If Ian was there, so was I, on the pillion of his Yammy if I was lucky.

I just wanted to let anyone who knew "Big Ian" from Scotland in those days or whenever, that he passed away, peacefully on the 15th January 2004.

I kept him up-to-date on TT matters by phone and letter, and posted, or took TT souvenirs over to NZ as gifts on special occasions.

His ashes are to fetched back around the World by his sons Graham and Kieran for to be returned to his old stamping grounds; the places he loved in his youth.
I reckon his soul will be there already.
18-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: R.I.P. Ian Robert Proven
Ian sounds like he was the sort of true TT supporter that we will so desperately need over the next few years. Sincere sympathy to you and your family.
19-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My deepest sympathy---If he loved the TT as much as we all do then he will be missed in a big way---The TT is going to need ALL the support it can muster.

19-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Deepest sympathy sid, He will be in good company up there.

John
19-01-2004, 10:19 PM