MOSSEY LOOKING FOR PODIUM FINISHES AT ASSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MOSSEY LOOKING FOR PODIUM FINISHES AT ASSEN
[Image: mosseypreassen.jpg]

This weekend sees the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team make their annual overseas visit to Assen, Holland with the Dutch circuit hosting the penultimate round of the 2016 MCE British Superbike Championship and Luke Mossey is intent on securing more podium finishes as he looks to get his Showdown campaign back on track.

The recently turned 24-year old rates the 2.82-mile Circuit van Drenthe, or ‘Cathedral of motorcycling’, as it is also known, as one of his favourite circuits and with the race results not going his way at Donington Park two weeks ago, he’s eager to firmly challenge for the rostrum places this time around.

Mossey finished third in the second race twelve months ago, whilst he also enjoyed success in the Supersport class, taking third in 2014 and fourth the year before. With his liking for the historic Dutch circuit clear to see, the Cambridge resident has a great chance of picking up more silverware and elevating himself further up the Championship table, where he currently sits in sixth overall.

In what started off in promising fashion, with one of his best qualifying performances of the season, Donington Park didn’t go to plan either for Mossey’s team-mate Filip Backlund with the Swedish rider crashing out of both races at the Leicestershire venue, fortunately without injury. With only two rounds remaining, the 25-year old is desperate to end his season on a high note and will be hoping for points scoring finishes in both Assen encounters.

There are also two races on the schedule for the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship with team members Ricky Stevens/Ryan Charlwood currently leading the standings by 49 points from nearest rivals Ben Holland/Lee Watson. However, with double points on offer at the final round at Brands Hatch next month, the LCR Kawasaki-mounted duo know there is still plenty of work to do if they’re to retain the number one plate and will be pushing hard for the race victories.

Luke Mossey: 

“I’m definitely aiming for a double podium this weekend. I love the Assen circuit as the fast, flowing nature really suits my style so hopefully we can get back on the box and make up for the results at Donington Park.”

Filip Backlund: 

“Assen is one of my favourite circuits and one of the European tracks I have been to the most. After my crashes at Donington two weeks ago, I’m just eager to get out on track and put the laps in and then get the two races on Sunday under my belt. Assen always gets great crowds and I know that I will have fans from Sweden, Holland, Germany and the UK there to support me so it’s going to be a superb weekend.”

Pete Extance, Team Owner: 

“Assen was where Luke scored a podium last season and there is no better time to do it this year. Donington didn’t quite go to plan but we all know what he’s capable of and podiums are what we all want. Filip needs a solid consistent weekend and Ricky and Ryan will be looking to extend their championship lead ahead of the final round at Brands Hatch.”

The two 18-lap MCE British Superbike Championship races take place on Sunday at 12.15 and 16.30 respectively.

[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]
29-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply