Milwaukee - Magny-Cours Race 2 report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee - Magny-Cours Race 2 report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes - GRID: 14th - RACE FINISH: 11th 

“Today was definitely one of the better races I’ve had this year. Even though the result [11th] isn’t anything to shout about there was a big improvement with the bike between yesterday and today, and I feel quite positive about how the bike felt and what I experienced as it was moving.

It was encouraging to see our speed in dry conditions; in other races when I’ve got 11th or better it’s been due to inclement weathers or other riders falling, but today the result was from sheer pace and I was as fast as the guys around me.

Looking to Jerez, it’s a track I enjoy riding and there have to be some positives to take from having ridden there at the start of the year. That should bring us closer to the more experienced riders ahead of us, and hopefully the lead guys haven’t improved that much at the track and we’ll have closed the gap some more.”

[Image: joshbrookesmagnycour.jpg]

Karel Abraham - GRID: 18th - RACE FINISH: 16th

“We got really unlucky today. The start was OK and I was fighting with the guys around me, but unfortunately I got hit at Turn 13 and I went wide through the gravel. I just lost so much time that the race was basically gone.

When I re-joined there was a group in front me that I enjoyed overtaking, I got away from them but by the time I was chasing 15th place he was already too far ahead. I was faster by 0.5 seconds but unfortunately not fast enough to get into the points, and there weren’t enough laps left.

It’s been a difficult weekend really and it’s disappointing for us to not get any points, but I hope we can change that at Jerez. It’s useful to have already been there this year, and we will try hard for some better results there.”

[Image: karlabraham-magnycour.jpg]

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator

“It was another race of mixed fortunes for us. It was definitely more positive for Josh, and he seemed to make a good step forward and be more comfortable on the bike. It was probably one of the best races he’s had for a while, so it was good to see him look settled and fast.

With Karel it was a shame his pace wasn’t what it could have been. He struggled to match the times he’d set earlier in the weekend. He had a coming together with Scassa on the first lap which upset his rhythm, and after he’d reached 16th it was a pretty lonely race for him.

A tough weekend but we found some more useful things to work on. Both riders showed good potential throughout the weekend, so hopefully we can carry that momentum to Jerez and put up a good challenge.”

[Image: milwaukeebmwfooter.jpg]

03-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply