DOUBLE PODIUM FOR TYCO BMW AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DOUBLE PODIUM FOR TYCO BMW AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: chrisiddonatbrands.jpg]

Tyco BMW ended the British championship season with two podiums at Brands Hatch over the weekend on the popular GP circuit: In the British Superbike class, Christian Iddon demonstrated the talented we all know he possesses with a strong podium finish in the opening race of three at Brands in very difficult conditions.

The fastest lap of the race put him on pole position for race two, where he was enjoying a three-way battle for the win, before an electrical connector that powers the fuel injectors gave up the ghost on the penultimate lap. In a shortened race three over just 10 laps, Iddon took fifth place in the hot and heavy encounter, with just 0.8 of a second covering the top five at the chequered flag.

Ian Hutchinson rounded out what has been a fantastic season of racing aboard his TAS Racing prepared S1000R, with yet another National 1000cc Superstock podium in third place. It was his ninth of the season, affording him second place overall in the championship standings. Josh Elliott finished twelfth in the race, which was run in very difficult conditions.

Christian Iddon: 

“It was an awesome weekend and we had great pace in all conditions. The Tyco BMW S1000RR worked great and we made big steps in the wet, where we had previously been struggling. Yes it was a shame to lose a podium due to a faulty part, but sometimes that happens in racing. We haven’t finished anywhere near where I had planned in the overall standings this season, but we have shown how strong we can be. I’ve loved every minute working with the Tyco BMW team, so a big thank you to them all for an amazing year.”

Ian Hutchinson: 

“That was a difficult race and I was just thinking I don’t want to end the season upside down after such a good year with Tyco BMW. I’m very happy how the year has gone and we’ve had some memorable wins, especially on the roads at the international events. We showed how strong we could be also in British championship and were on the podium most weekends, so thanks to everyone involved at Tyco BMW for such a big effort. I’ve really enjoyed it.”

Josh Elliott: 

“A difficult end to a difficult season, but I did enjoy working with Tyco BMW, even though we didn’t achieve quite what we set out to at the start of the season. Thanks to everyone for a big effort.”

Michael Laverty, who won two BSB races this season, struggled over the weekend at Brands, only collecting five points for his efforts.

Michael Laverty: 

“The weekend was a disaster results-wise for me as I struggled for feel in both the damp and wet conditions. The final race had an almost dry track and a decent result was on the cards before the red flag came out. Frustratingly a tyre change was allowed during the stoppage [despite the ruling]. I got pushed off track on the opening lap and lost a lot of positions and found it impossible to make a pass without the grip that some of the others had on new rubber. Thank you to everyone involved with the Tyco BMW team, your efforts have been much appreciated over the whole season.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

“We very nearly got that debut win with Christian this year and he certainly cannot be faulted for his effort on track over the weekend. I always knew when I decided to bring him into our team, how much talented he had under the surface, and he really did show it at Brands Hatch. What happened in the second race is frustrating for us as a team and cost us a cast-iron second podium with Christian, but overall with Hutchy grabbing yet another Superstock podium, it was a positive weekend for Tyco BMW and also for our sponsors – who braved the elements to come along and support us. Thanks to everyone for their efforts this season, none more so than BMW Motorrad and Tyco Security Products and all our associate sponsors and product suppliers. At times  this season it has been very trying, but we never ever gave up the fight and will come back stronger and wiser in 2017.

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
17-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply