HASLAM ENDS SEASON WITH DOUBLE PODIUM IN JAPAN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HASLAM ENDS SEASON WITH DOUBLE PODIUM IN JAPAN
[Image: leonhaslaminjapan.jpg]

JG Speedfit Kawasaki's Leon Haslam finished runner-up in both races of the final round of the Japanese Superbike Championship at Suzuka on Sunday.

"In the first race I had a good scrap with Nakasuga no the Yamaha but he just had a bit more in the tank - same sketch as the Suzuka 8 hours race back in July actually," reported Haslam.

"I started the second race OK and was in fourth place when there was a big crash on the start and finish straight, I went down with my team-mate and a couple of others and the race was red-flagged.

"I did have to be passed fit in the medical centre but my number one bike was damaged beyond repair to make the restart so I had to use the seocnd bike that I'd struggled with that all weekend.

"I did lead the race until the last lap but, again, the Yamaha just had that little extra on the final lap but I'm happy enough with a couple of second places.

"I'd like to add a thanks to everyone at Kawasaki and everyone involved in making the weekend happen, it was great fun!"

07-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Website Find Reply