Milwaukee Aprilia complete first test at Jerez
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Aprilia complete first test at Jerez
[Image: milwaukeeapriliahdr2.jpg]

Milwaukee Aprilia have finished their first WorldSBK test at Jerez

After three days of running the Aprilia RSV4 in changeable weather conditions, the team have gathered vital data on the bike ahead of the 2017 season, riders Eugene & Lorenzo completing over 60 laps each on their last day of testing in 2016.

With some time off before testing resumes in January, the team and riders are looking to build on the strong foundations they have laid at Jerez this week.

Eugene Laverty

"It's been three good days for the team and for me riding the RSV4 again. We had mixed weather at the start but we took advantage of that and got some useful wet weather running in.  

I was able to do about 60 dry laps today which allowed us to evaluate differences between the chassis and engine specs I've been trying today, and there  are lots of positives to take from that.  I've felt really comfortable on the bike which is what I wanted to achieve this week, and it's been working even better than the last time I rode it.

I've enjoyed working with SMR and Aprilia this week, and the professionalism of the team has really impressed me. There is a lot of optimism for next year and I can't wait to get started.  I'm looking forward to a few weeks off now, but I'm really excited for the first race at Phillip Island. Aprilia have won a lot of races there, so we'll be looking to make a strong start to 2017."

[Image: eugenewithmilwaukee2.jpg]

Lorenzo Savadori

"It has been a really important test for the team and for me, and I think we have made good progress for 2017. Today was good and I was able to get a lot of laps in; the weather has been really mixed this week so I am glad today we had some dry running.

I had another good day working with the team and also more time for me working in English, which is not easy! But, I really like the team and my new crew chief Ian, so  I am really happy after these three days.

We know that we have a few things to work on with the bike set-up for next year, but I feel positive about we can do and I know the team will work hard. I have some time to prepare for 2017 now, but I am excited to race again and to see what we can achieve."

Mick Shanley, Team Manager

"We were trying a few different chassis and engine specs today, and we've been working on getting those combinations together. Engine-wise we've certainly made positive progress, but there are a few other calibrations to improve.

We've had three really useful days here at Jerez, and we're happy with how it has gone. You have to look at it on two levels; we've come here to get to know each other as a team and to establish a strong relationship, and that has been really successful.

On the other side of that we've had a lot of test items to get through, and overall we've achieved what we wanted to achieve this week. We haven't got through all of the items, which were hampered by wet weather conditions, but we have still managed to make a lot of progress and the team is working together really well."

24-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Website Find Reply