Hořice Road Races
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 49
Hořice Road Races
Have any forum members been to the Hořice Road Races in the Czech Republic? If so was it worth the effort? If it was can you give details of dates, travel, accommodation etc?

Many thanks in anticipation,
Andrew
24-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
number7 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Hořice Road Races
Hey there Andrew, you never stated if you were going to watch or to race but I hope this reply helps you.

We have been a few times out to Horice, always to race. I will firstly say its a fantastic wee circuit and the club is very friendly and welcome racers from all over Europe.
We used to gather up a few of us from Ireland both North and South and pay for all of the bikes to go over in 1 lorry and we would fly out for a long week ends racing and craic.

Last year me and my wife went over  from Northern Ireland, We just drove in the van and took a bit of a road trip type holiday out of it then met up with the rest of the guys that were coming out to race/help/drink.

The racing was excellent, the weather was 30 degrees, the craic was fantastic and the road trip holiday worked out really well all in all it worked out so well we are all going back over next year  to meet up with some of our European pals for another bit of racing and craic.

The races for next year at Horice are set for 20.-21.5.2017  300 Curves of Gustav Havel, This is usually the open races with various classes including European Supermono. and 26.-27.8.2017  Czech Tourist Trophy — IRRC, This has Classic classes incorporated into it and some of the east European  stuff that turns up is spectacular.
The Accommodation for the racer types is either what you've taken with you Van/tent etc, or booking a cabin within the paddock,(The paddock is actually a holiday campsite).

There are also local hotels close to Horice and houses that let out as holiday homes.(Internet Search) The lads that flew out all stayed in a slightly larger hotel in Hradec Kralove about 20 mins away by car don't know the price but it wasn't expensive.

Our Itinerary was as follows:

Sunday-Last boat from Belfast to Cainryan.
Monday-Board the Newcastle to Amsterdam boat. (Boat is overnight)
Tuesday-Drove through Holland stopping and overnighting in Arnhem.(late beer night)
Wednesday- Drove to Dresden for an overnight stop (Long drive next time set off earlier)
Thursday- Drove along the Elba into Czech Republic fantastic views, arrived at Horice about lunch time. Lads flew from Dublin to Prague and overnighted for a night on the falling down juice.
Friday- Signed on tech control etc, Lads drove out to meet us in the paddock to help and drink beer.
Saturday- Practices, lads came over for the evening for food and help out the locals to drink beer.
Sunday- Races, Lads still in paddock from Saturday evening, thought it would be handier for helping out in the morning and there must have been beer left to drink.
Sunday Eve- Post races, packed up and headed for a straight through overnight drive to Amsterdam.(Lads stayed at hotel and had a cocktail evening)
Monday- Board overnight boat to Newcastle. Stayed in North Yorkshire with friends for a few days rest and recuperation. (Lads flew from Prague about lunchtime)

The Lads flew from Dublin to Prague on Air Lingus and Ryan air, flights varied from whenever they were booked but usually about £120 return.
They Hired a car between the 5 of them, Local rates + their Hotel fees.
Food and Drink money on top of that. A pint in Horice works out about 80p, There is also local supermarkets etc for food if your camping.

It cost me driving over with the van 3 bikes loaded to the roof about 1k for the whole holiday and that was for the 2 of us, that included ferries food/fuel/drink/fuel for the bikes/hotel overnights etc.

All I can say is if you have been to the Southern 100 then its a bit like that but in Europe, The people that come to the races really love their road racing, the club is very passionate and professional with the way that the races are run. (There are some clubs here that could take a lesson in how to run a meeting) Most of all its racing as it should be.

There are plenty of onboard laps on YouTube and a link to the club is http://www.amkhorice.cz/en/

Hope this helps feel free to drop me a line if you need any more info.

(24-12-2016, 11:14 AM)bsa499 Wrote: Have any forum members been to the Hořice Road Races in the Czech Republic? If so was it worth the effort? If it was can you give details of dates, travel, accommodation etc?

Many thanks in anticipation,
Andrew
28-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Find Reply