TT TOO SHORT
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT TOO SHORT
I have just received a decision from my prospective sponsors for TT 2004...(for two riders)

Decision is....."not to support 'the TT' this year as a result of lessened exposure to the public by reducing the active time riders are circulating in practice and racing".......

In a nutshell ????

I will continue to persevere but I was relying on this particular support this year !!

03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT TOO SHORT
Ian, just my penneth worth, if I was coming all the way from Oz I would feel short changed. Okay, we don't 'pay' to watch the race but we certainly pay for everything else.
03-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe Mr. Cretney would like to comment on this?
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The punters and the riders have been shafted in the interests of big money and greed by the few and that is what is destroying, if it already has not destroyed the T.T.

I feel it is no longer racing for the love and enjoyment of the sport but simply about marketing and merchandising for profit. The spirit and intentions of what the founders of the T.T. is gone, the challenge of pitting men/women and machine against the challenge of the mountain is not the object any more some, it is simply about how much plunder they can take from the island in the least possible time and with the least effort. There must be many of the old hands including the great hero's of the past turning in their graves.
03-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The frustration is universal, there does not seem to be a person that wants 4 lap TTs
and yet that is what is being proposed.
When you make a really large mistake you just have to correct it fast and wear the loss of face.
I have supported David so far but there are a lot of people out there waiting for
some quick action to put everyone's minds at rest.
There is a reputation hanging on this one old son.
04-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is alleged to be wanted by the big manufacturers for 2005 and beyond is even worse in this respect. It is rumoured that one of the suggestions likely to be put forward is for just 3 days of practice and 4 races. The races would be Superbike, Supersport, Superstock and Sidecar. I can't seriously believe that this will actually happen, there has to be a compromise somewhere along the line. But it does seem that, despite the 4-lap controversy over the Formula 1 and Senior races, 2004 could be the last 'traditional' TT as we know it.
04-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long is it that I told you all that it ain't sport any more, it's Show Business with the emphasis on BUSINESS.

I was at that time referring to the BSB series, but plague is mighty infectious, and can spread across water!

Face it, we'll make the Centenary and that'll be it.

Or do we lower our sights and settle for what Colin Moore refers to as the "IOM Clubmans' Championship"?

In effect, two MGPs a year?

Don't laugh, give it some thought. In my view, the riders and organisers of the Manx are nearer to the spirit of the TT than the TT has been for quite a few years now.
04-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny, innit?
When I was bemoaning the watering down of the TT and the reducing support from big teams and manufacturers, I was called a pessimist, and worse! Now more people have woken up.
I have committed to go now this year but definitely feel short changed. A real feeling of ...end of the road.
Oh, I DO hope it doesnt turn out that way..

Mike
04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long before a single tt/Manx GP?
04-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I to have just been told by Bike Dealer from the UK that he has decided to cut down on sponsorship at the TT due to lack of coverage. (seven bikes last year 2 pos 3 this year) SAD
04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT TOO SHORT?/Jonh Shand
Has John also lost interest in the TT???
04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT TOO SHORT?/Jonh Shand
I have been coming to TT since 1980 my elder brother is coming this year first time since 1986.
if races go to 4 laps it will be our last even if honda race RCV211s next year!
04-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT TOO SHORT?
We are going to call it the "Isle of Man T Races"......

Each race is over in the time it takes to down a cuppa !!!

Is it time to organise a sensible petition requesting that there is a second look at the F1 and Senior....

04-02-2004, 07:58 PM