Sir Norman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sir Norman
Happy birthday Sir Norman and good health and hoping you see many more TT'S.
04-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sir Norman
I'll second that. Many happy returns to one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met.(and one of the funniest)
04-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me too. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on the ferry on my 1990 trip to the TT. My daughter was very confused at the sight of me chatting to whom she thought was an old friend from Oz. I thanked him for all the great laughs and sometimes tears I shed watching his delightful movies. What a wonderful human being.
Happy Birthday Sir Norman.
04-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, happy birthday,Sir Norman.
He came and stood at the rope with us at Sulby Bridge for practice one night during the Manx last year.
With all the honours it is good to see he is just one of the boys.
Speaking to the locals he has done much unpaid work for the Isle of Man.
05-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow Don you never said !
I had the pleasure of his company way back in
around 1995, he was at Alpine cottage, got the
pic on a T shirt !
This year I saw him at the Grandstand.
Lovely man, yes Happy Birthday Norman,
who I celebrate the day with passing my car test in 1987 !
05-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

IOM 2003MANX GP MET NORM ON START LINE.COULD BE 89 THIS YEAR HE SAID HE HAD MOVED TO IOM IN 1978 THE FIRST TIME WE DID T.T AND THE SAME TIME MIKE THE BIKE MADE HIS COME BACK . ANYWAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMAN [SIR] CAN YOU RESPOND TO OUR E~MAILS ALL OUR LOVE
05-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Happy Birthday from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I have never had the priviledge of meeting Sir Norman but I do have some old videos here that I can play when things get tough and I need to feel that I am back home. The Square Peg is my favourite. The Epitome of British Comedy.
05-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just read TONY HAWKES' book "One Hit Wonder" or something like that......with Sir Norrie providing a hit record via his huge fame in Albania for the Irish fridge-dragging comic. The tale is hilarious, recommended to all fans of Wisdom-esque humour and anecdotes. He is some guy; Happy Birthday Sir Norman, (one of my given names is Norman too)hope you have tons more!!
09-02-2004, 12:54 PM