Confident Tech3 pair ready for more after positive close to Sepang Test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Confident Tech3 pair ready for more after positive close to Sepang Test
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech3 riders Johann Zarco and Jonas Folger continued to fulfil their potential by producing two strong performances on the final day at Sepang. Johann Zarco leaves Malaysia as the top MotoGP rookie after concluding the test with a lap that was impressively only 0.404 back from first place, and which was also almost a second and a half quicker than his fastest time on Monday. Whereas Jonas Folger determinedly carried on his learning process as he gathered valuable experience by running a full race simulation, and his personal best left him 0.944 from the head of the pack as he closed the test solidly. The next MotoGP outing will take place at the Phillip Island circuit in a fortnight.

Johann Zarco - Position: 10th Time: 1'59.772 Laps: 45 

"We closed the test in a positive way and I am happy about what we managed to accomplish in Malaysia, even if it was necessary to rest my body a bit today because of the energy that I had spent in the past two days. In the morning we just tried to ride some good times in the low temperature and then afterwards, the plan was to run a series of constant laps in a race simulation, but even if I didn’t fully achieve this, I came close. During that time, I relaxed more on the bike but then I waited until the afternoon because of the tyre limit and I didn’t want to push too much on the used rubber and risk anything. When we put the last new tyre in at almost the end of the day, I was able to get under the two-minute lap mark which I am happy about because it was a target for me. We can see that many riders did this also but I am one of them so I am certainly pleased and now I am eager to see what we can do at Phillip Island."

[Image: zarcoday3sepang.jpg]

Jonas Folger - Position: 15th Time : 2'00.312 Laps: 54 

"I feel positive about today and once again I learnt a lot of very important information. The Tech3 team and I focused on running a race simulation and we ran used tyres on the Yamaha with a heavy full load. We were more than satisfied with the outcome because I was really consistent and able to set similar times even when the tyre dropped. I gained a lot of knowledge from this long run, especially with regards to the engine mapping and how each different option works. Now we have a lot of significant data that we can use at the next MotoGP test in Australia, which I am really looking forward to. Also, I have to say thanks to the Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team for their great work over these three days."

[Image: folgerday3sepang.jpg]
01-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Website Find Reply