Dovizioso fifth, Lorenzo fifteenth on second day of MotoGP tests at Phillip Island
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dovizioso fifth, Lorenzo fifteenth on second day of MotoGP tests at Phillip Island
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

The second day of MotoGP official testing at the Phillip Island circuit in Australia came to a close at a quarter to six today with Andrea Dovizioso lying in fifth place and Jorge Lorenzo in fifteenth. The Ducati Team’s Italian rider completed a total of 55 laps, setting his best time of 1’29.483 on lap 32, while his Spanish team-mate did a total of 64 laps, also setting his quickest time of 1’32.197 on the 32nd lap.

[Image: lorenzorestingatPI.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 55 laps – 1’29.483 (5th)

“Today was quite a positive day and I felt better on the bike than yesterday. We did several set-up tests, as scheduled, and we obtained some interesting results. There are some areas where we still need to work and we have to make the Desmosedici GP turn better, but today my times were quicker and we were all closer together. There wasn’t so much wind, the bike was a lot more stable and the set-up tests we did helped me to improve the feeling.”

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 64 laps – 1’30.197 (15th)

“Today we worked well, trying to lap with more consistency and we made some small steps forward, doing a lot of 1m30s laps. Tomorrow we’ll see if we can manage to improve our pace and constantly get under the 1m30s mark. We tried several different set-up solutions and in any case I’m optimistic even though we are still some way behind the leaders. This evening, together with my technicians, I’ll analyze the data and tomorrow we’ll try and get closer to the top of the timesheets.”
16-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Website Find Reply