Milwaukee Aprilia begin testing at Phillip Island
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Aprilia begin testing at Phillip Island
[Image: milwaukeeapriliahdr2.jpg]

Milwaukee Aprilia have completed the first day of Official WorldSBK testing at Phillip Island

After successful testing in Europe at the Jerez and Portimao circuits in January, riders Eugene Laverty & Lorenzo Savadori arrived at Phillip Island looking for further performance gains as they ride the new generation Aprilia RSV4 RF at the circuit for the first time.

The first day of testing was hampered by wet weather which restricted running for the whole grid, and the team are looking forward to continuing their test programme tomorrow.

Round 1 of the 2017 Superbike World Championship commences on Friday 24th February with Free Practice 1 at 09:45am (AEDT) (10:45pm GMT).

Lorenzo Savadori #32 - 1'32.837

We've been continuing the work we started in Portimao and I'm looking to improve the feeling on the bike, and to make sure we have good consistency in race conditions. The tyres felt good in the wet and dry, and I'm happy with the sensations from them.

The weather was a little bit crazy today, but we managed to get some dry laps in towards the end. I don't know this track very well, and last year was my first time on a Superbike here, so it's been really useful for me to ride today.

[Image: savadoritestingatPI.jpg]

Eugene Laverty #50 - 1'33.635

We didn't get much time on track today due to the weather, and that hurt us a little bit. We've been working with the Portimao setup, so we have a number of things to work through ahead of this weekend.

We need to focus on making the bike work better around here tomorrow, and hopefully we'll have good weather. I'm confident the guys will find some performance, and I'm looking forward to getting back on again tomorrow.

[Image: eugenelavertyatPI.jpg]

20-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Website Find Reply