UNLUCKY RACE DAY FOR TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE AT CHANG CIRCUIT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
UNLUCKY RACE DAY FOR TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE AT CHANG CIRCUIT
[Image: mvhdr.jpg]

The hot sun shining on the Buriram’s sky, 400 km north east of Bangkok (Thailand), and the high temperatures provided the venue for this Sunday race day on the Chang International Circuit, with the team MV Agusta Reparto Corse not collecting the expected results on track, due to the double retirement in WorldSBK (Camier) and WorldSSP (PJ Jacobsen).

WorldSBK – WU, Race 2

Thanks to the yesterday’s 8th position got in Race 1, Team MV Agusta Reparto Corse’s rider started today from the 5th place on grid. When the lights goes out on the Thai track, Camier is immediately very fast and keep fighting for the top 5 area until the race is red flagged due to a crash, when Leon was in 5th position.

At the restart, the race has been shortened on 16 laps and Camier start taking advantage of the excellent chassis of his MV Agusta F4RC, fighting among the top 6 positions. But a problem with the oil pressure force the British rider to pull back after 6 laps. Leon Camier is currently 8th tied in the Championship standings.

WorldSSP – WU, Race

After setting the fastest time in the morning’s WarmUp, PJ Jacobsen was immediately fast at the start of the WorldSSP Race, managing to pass a few riders in the early corners. Unfortunately, a technical problem after only 2 laps forced the American to an early return to the pit box, postponing his fight for the Championship to the next race .

The MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship will take place again from March 31 to April 2 on the Aragon circuit, in Spain, for the third round of the season and first European race.

[Image: camierrace2thailand.jpg]

Leon Camier #2 WorldSBK Rider  

Honestly I am happy how the bike was working in the race and I think we made some good steps with the chassis this weekend. But I am very disappointed no to finish the race as I felt really good and strong on the bike. After the restart the bike setting was really good too, but when I was fighting with Torres I felt oil on my foot and it was getting slippery and then we got black flagged.

Patrick PJ Jacobsen #99 WorldSSP Rider  

Today wasn’t so good for the team and myself but I am sure we can win races and we can be on the top positions soon, as we showed in Phillip Island. We will move on to Aragon and we hopefully can be back winning races and fighting for the championship.
12-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Website Find Reply