Not TT, but
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not TT, but
Adrie De Ridder from Holland won the Barry Sheene Memorial event at Eastern Creek Raceway, Australia yesterday on a 500 Seeley, for the UK fans, John Cronshaw had a very succesful day also on a 500 Goldstar. Other UK competitors were Colin Breeze, Arnold Fletcher and Peter Wild. Some of you may know them. This was the meeting where Barry had his last race in Oz 2 years ago and poor Glen English came to grief after some idiot (probably an Australian) wrote him off. Jim Redman MBE was special guest and seems to have no trouble fitting into his leathers. What a fine looking man. He was standing astride this you beaut Honda 6 which had apparently never been to our shores before. What a machine, and the sound it made was absolutely deafening. Caught up with old TT riders, Alan Burt and Keith Bryan of the 50's.
15-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Not TT, but
Glad to hear Jim has got over his broken collarbone, 72yo what a guy
15-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What exactly happened to Glen English?
15-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jan
have been searching the web trying to find race report and results any ideas.
rgds
steve marshall
16-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't remember exactly what happened two years ago but it was one of our local riders who caused Glen to crash. It was such a shame as I think he had done very well in New Zealand prior to coming to Australia. Luckily he wasn't hurt.
16-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds like it was a great meeting.

Glen English certainly is a good rider, for
those who have missed the news, he has become a
father to daughter, Danielle since that
meeting.
16-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Steve, although I've contacted you off list I thought I'd post this web site just in case others on the list may be interested in finding out Australian results.
www/natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi

17-02-2004, 09:33 PM