CRUTCHLOW MAKES POSITIVE START IN ARGENTINA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW MAKES POSITIVE START IN ARGENTINA
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow made a solid start at the Argentina Grand Prix as he finished the opening day seventh fastest at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit. Arriving in South America determined to bounce back after a disappointing result in Qatar, the Briton made impressive strides as the day progressed, despite it proving difficult for Honda riders overall.

The 31-year-old was down in 14th position after Friday morning’s free practice session, but improved significantly in the afternoon as he got to grips with his RC213V. He posted a best lap of 1’40.124 – less than half a second behind Marc Marquez in second spot who was the only other Honda rider to feature in the top ten. Once again it was young Spaniard Maverick Vinales who topped the timesheets after his opening victory at Losail two weeks ago.

Crutchlow was satisfied with his efforts, but believes there is plenty of room for improvement in Saturday’s qualifying. 

#35 Cal Crutchlow - (7th - 1’40.124)

“Today was quite good, I was happy enough with the way it went in the end. It was not fantastic and I think the Hondas struggled today to find the settings with the new configuration of the engine.

“I’m sure tomorrow will be more positive once we’re able to look at some data tonight. We had the mandatory tyre test which I think we completed quite well and in the last run we were fast enough for my liking. But I think we can still improve tomorrow and that’s what we’ll be aiming to do.”

[Image: crutchlowargentinaday1.jpg]

08-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Website Find Reply