Zarco and Folger determined and ready for Jerez fight
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Zarco and Folger determined and ready for Jerez fight
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

The exciting Monster Yamaha Tech3 team pair confidently eye up the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend where they will aim to kick off the run of European MotoGP races with two high flying results. After producing some thoroughly impressive performances in the first three rounds of his rookie season, Johann Zarco aims to achieve his third consecutive top five finish with another spirited display at Jerez. Whilst Jonas Folger fully intends to continue the positive momentum and notably battle with his teammate for the top independent rider position. The highly anticipated first practice begins at 09:55 local time on Friday the 5th of March in front of the ever-passionate crowd.

Johann ZARCO - Championship: 7th- Points: 22

"The Jerez round marks the beginning of the European races and it certainly will be interesting for us because the first three Grand Prix’s took place at very big and long circuits in Qatar, Argentina and Texas. The Spanish circuit is much shorter and tighter so I am curious to see how I will control the bike at this venue. After the great feeling in Texas and the solid fight to 5th position, I want to keep pushing and get as close as possible to the podium. By the end of the last race, I was not far from the top three so I will keep working hard in order to reach this target. In Andalucía, the weather should be clear and hot, but there is always the threat of rain, which we must be wary of. Lets see what happens with the conditions but I will go to this Grand Prix with an open mind and I will do my best to score a strong result again."

Jonas FOLGER - Championship: 8th- Points: 21

"Now it’s time to head to Spain, and this is an event that I look forward to because I really like the circuit, plus, it will be good to start racing on European soil again. I have some good memories of the racetrack including last year, where I fought to a podium finish in the Moto2 class. In fact, the Circuito de Jerez is one of my favourite venues and I am excited to jump on my Yamaha and experience its power at the track, which is short, twisting and physical. At the last GP in Texas, we struggled a bit throughout the weekend so I want to come back stronger in Spain. I am determined to have a more positive time in Andalucía so the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team and I will work as best as we can in order to set ourselves up for the sprint on Sunday where I will fight for a top finish."

[Image: tech3team.jpg]

Hervé PONCHARAL - Team manager

"After the first three overseas GP’s, here comes the first European race in Jerez, which is an event that the whole paddock loves to be at and where we have seen many incredible battles. Everyone in MotoGP is happy to get back to the European style of working with we have our trucks, which contain our offices, and our hospitality units where we can spend some good times together with the riders, the media, our sponsors, our guests. At Jerez, there is always an amazing atmosphere and at 06:00 AM there are so many people there that it feels like the main event will start in the next twenty minutes! There are fireworks, a lot of singing and a very animated crowd around the track so it’s always a special and different place. Concerning Monster Yamaha Tech3, we head to the Spain with a strong spirit and a really positive frame of mind after the first three Grand Prix’s where both riders were competitive. They are looking to undertake another solid weekend but, there will be a lot of things to learn as Jerez is a tough track to race at, especially on a MotoGP bike. However, we are confident that they can show the same form that they have shown so far in 2017. Moreover, we know that the Yamaha performs really well at Jerez so this is something that will make the riders a bit more relaxed as well as excited. The weather should be quite good for the whole week, so lets hope that the MotoGP championship is as exciting as usual in Andalucía."

02-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply