TEam ILR - Oulton Park Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TEam ILR - Oulton Park Report
[Image: teamILRlogo.jpg]

Team ILR welcomed back Ozzy Madey from injury as the team arrived at the latest round of the British Superbike Championship season at Oulton Park over the May Bank Holiday weekend.

It was a three rider team that took part in their respective classes, with no KTM RC Cup race Sam Laffins didn't travel to the Cheshire circuit from his home in Northern Ireland.

Fresh from a successful outing at Oliver's Mount the previous weekend where he picked up four wins, Joey Thompson settled into Free Practice finishing 15th, but the second session brought disaster for him with a blown engine bringing his weekend to an abrupt halt.

Superstock 600 Free Practice saw Robert Kennedy just outside the Top 6 in the first session with Madey in 23rd.

Both riders were 12th and 24th respectively when the second session was red-flagged, with Kennedy already slightly faster than his first time.

The conclusion of the session would see Robert 5th fastest, improving by almost two seconds and just over half a second off the pace, with Ozzy also going quicker but down in 27th.

In qualifying 'RK' was really on it to finish 5th, but the timing sheet would show him only 0.2 off second place and 0.4 off pole.

Ozzy meanwhile was continuing to improve his times and started the race from 26th on the grid.

Unfortunately Robert never made it beyond the first lap of the race as he was taken out by another rider at the Britten Chicane and was lucky to escape injury as riders took evasive action, and with Ozzy finishing well down in 24th it was a disappointing weekend for the team.

It's a return to the roads and the North-West 200 next for Team ILR, where Joey Thompson will continue his preparations for the forthcoming Isle of Man TT races. Robert and Ozzy will also compete in the next round of the Superstock 600 Championship, where it is one of the support races in the Donington Park World Superbikes Round."

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher:

"It's fair to say that Oulton wasn't one of our better meetings, although things like Joey's engine problems and Robert being taken out of his race by another rider through no fault of his own are things you just can't account for.

It was also Ozzy's first race back from injury and he's determined to break into the points in the coming rounds.

We'll now re-group, move on, and prepare for the North-West 200.

Onwards and Upwards."

[Image: teamILRatOulton.jpg]

Joey Thompson: 

"Unfortunately this weekend at BSB Oulton Park come to a premature end with engine failures once again.

Tough start to the season but looking forward to my road racing campaign now!

NW200 up next.

Big thank-you to all the team and sponsors."

Ozzy Madey:

"The best part of this weekend was the drive home! 

A fairly atrocious weekend in terms of what we did on track...can't really say much more than that.

We ran full wets on a drying circuit (as many did) but I couldn't make the most of it like everyone else could.

Bad day at the office."

Robert Kennedy:

"I started the race from P5 and was in 5th on the first lap.

But there was a collision with another rider and I went down, but we will look ahead to the next round.

Thanks to all the team for all their hard work and of course to Team ILR for all their help.

Thank-you to all the sponsors who make this happen.

I've learned a lot this weekend."

04-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Website Find Reply