New sponsorship deal is the perfect boost for Dunlop
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New sponsorship deal is the perfect boost for Dunlop
[Image: wdunlopsponsorship.jpg]
Checking in: William Dunlop with Bayview Hotel proprietor Trevor Kane and the R6 IC Racing/Caffrey Yamaha. 
Photo Stephen Davison

William Dunlop has announced a sponsorship deal with Trevor Kane - owner of The Bayview Hotel, Portballintrae - ahead of the Isle of Man TT. Dunlop finished sixth and second in the Supersport races at the North West 200 and is now looking forward to the TT, where he will contest all the main solo classes on Yamaha machinery.

"I'm delighted to have Trevor's backing for the rest of the 2017 season and it has come at just the right time," he said. "I am going to the TT and it would be a good year for me if I came away with five good finishes. The 600 Yamaha is going well and you never know how things will go."

Yet to win a TT, Dunlop's confidence is high and he would like to add a Mountain Circuit win to his CV given he has already won at both the North West 200 (four times) and Ulster Grand Prix (seven times) - his best TT result being third position in Supersport races in 2012, 2013 and 2014, though he came second in last year's TT Zero one-lap race.

Approaching 110 Irish national road race wins, Dunlop has won 10 Irish road race championships and this sponsorship from The Bayview Hotel is the final piece in the jigsaw heading to the TT after a tough start to the season.

But Dunlop has now been rejuvenated after the addition of The Bayview Hotel sponsorship and Temple Golf Club's loan of machinery to long-time backers Ivan Curran and Caffrey International.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
23-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply