Penz13.com BMW Motorrad Motorsport ready to roll the dice at the 2017 Isle of Man TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Penz13.com BMW Motorrad Motorsport ready to roll the dice at the 2017 Isle of Man TT
[Image: penzekofferpromo1.jpg]

Douglas, Isle of Man. The highlight of every racing season starts today, Monday, May 29, 2017: The Isle of Man TT 2017 with the practice week and the first race scheduled for next Saturday, 3rd of June. The Germany based Penz13.com BMW Motorrad team again will be in the mix with riders Dan Kneen (IoM), Danny Webb (GBR) and Alex Polita (ITA).

After a test in April, held in cold, windy and rainy Motoautodrom Most (CZE) the trio head over to the legendary 300 corners of Gustav Havel at Horice (CZE) to do a shake down race. All three riders showed themselves happy with their BMW S 1000 RR motorbikes, that are now newly using the fresh developed Touratech suspension which all found great to ride with.

The team already has arrived on the motorbike Island and all is set up and good to go, though weather is looking a bit tough for the opening night of practicing, which has been cancelled on Monday, so TT2017 will officially start on Tuesday.

Dan Kneen:

The races at Horice were a good preparation for the TT this fortnight, but when arriving to Czech Republic I wasn’t too sure if I would ride at all as my hand injury is making things difficult and I didn’t want to risk further damage. But I worked my way round and I simply didn’t use my injured fingers during riding, which wasn’t ideal but ok. In the end I enjoyed it even though not feeling too comfortable on the Superbike, but we will work hard this week at the TT. We got high ambitions and I am looking forward to ride my beloved Mountain Course again this week.

Danny Webb:

We had some good tests and races in Czech Republic but now it’s off to the TT, which is what we are all doing this for. It was a good confidence boost to be as quick as I was at Horice as a Newcomer and it was a really fun weekend and race. But now it’s back to the big business. I got some targets on the Mountain Course this year, of course I want to improve further and get faster around here. I got now some more experience on the big bikes and I want to build on that.

Alessandro Polita:

It will be my second TT and of course the main target again is to stay on the bike and learn the track further. Of course, as a racer, you always want to get faster but this place here is so special, you got to learn over 60 kilometers of track and have to remember all bumps and corners and trees. Last year I surprised myself with my speed, so I now hope to get another step done, but of course the main target remains the same: Go out on the world’s most famous race track and simply have some fun on our BMW S 1000 RRs.

Rico Penzkofer:

“Finally! As every year this is the one we are waiting for the most. We’ve been testing before the TT more than ever so I am really looking forward to the two weeks on the Island. We are having a new suspension partner that is Touratech and their new developments are really good and satisfying on all tracks and now we want to prove those can be fast at the TT as well. Dan, Danny and Alex are more than excited already and so is the team, me and all our fans, sponsors and friends. Let’s get the TT2017 roll.”

[Image: penz13logo.jpg]
30-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Website Find Reply