MARIA GOES SOLO AT THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARIA GOES SOLO AT THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
[Image: mariaTTpic1.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE, returns to the scene of her impressive Classic TT podium finish, the Isle of Man, for the 2017 TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy, where she will compete in the Bennetts Lightweight TT on Wednesday 7th June.

Revealing her new NGK Spark Plugs solo livery for the first time this season, the Northamptonshire racer is delighted to be back on the Isle of Man, as she explains: 

“This is a very special place for me for many reasons, not only was I the first female solo competitor to stand on the podium in a race here, last year I achieved my best ever TT finish of 12th in the lightweight race and I also made it on to the Classic TT podium alongside John McGuinness. It won’t be the same without him and I want to wish him a full & speedy recovery.”

Maria has also embarked on a sidecar campaign this season, as an all-female team, in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship, and she admits that she would love to compete on her sidecar at the TT in the future. But for now her focus will be entirely on two wheels as she competes on her home grown Kawasaki ER6 supertwin on the iconic 37.73 mile TT mountain circuit.

Maria will be the only female competing on a solo and her practice, for the Lightweight class, kicks off this evening with a two-hour session commencing at 18.45.

Follow her progress via her website at http://www.costelloracing.com on Twitter @MariaCostello and Facebook MariaCostelloRacing

2017 Sponsors: NGK Spark Plugs, AEJ Facilities Management by Design, Bike Shed, Rock Oil, Kawasaki UK LTD, Jap4Performance, Hel Performance, Arai, Knox, Mac Tools, Nova Racing, CPL Print Ltd, Premier Bodyworks, Radicool, EBC Brakes, Towergate Insurance, Gear Leathers, Hello Market, Signs2WrapsIsle of Man TT Breaks, GBRacing, Racing Batteries, Racebikebitz -, Samco hoses, Pipercross, Progrips, Pro-Bolt, Promach, APC Wet Paint Ltd, Christian Baker, DnG, Trilogy Gyms, Snoozebox, Wollaston Therapy Centre, Paul Garner Designs, Sparkes Management Support, Translogic UK, Wiz knee sliders, Stomp Grip,SKINS, SPORTTAPE

[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]
27-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Website Find Reply