Honda Racing ready for the Isle of Man TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing ready for the Isle of Man TT
[Image: hondaracinglogo.jpg]

The Honda Racing team is ready to tackle the famous Isle of Man TT races, with its only rider Guy Martin, who is looking forward to making his return to the TT. The first Superbike practice was due to take place yesterday (Monday 29 May), but with conditions not ideal around the 37.73-mile course, it was cancelled and hope turns to this evening for the first practice sessions of 2017.

The team will miss the presence of 23-time TT winner John McGuinness in its garage, as the ‘Morecambe Missile’ has been ruled out of this year’s event due to an injury sustained in a crash at the North West 200. Out of respect for McGuinness’ long-standing relationship with Honda, the team has made the decision not to replace him aboard the all-new Fireblade at the Isle of Man TT.

In its preparation for the Isle of Man TT, the Honda Racing squad convened at Castle Combe for a final pre-TT test last week, where a new electronics package was tested with positive results. The update saw Martin set his quickest laps yet around the 1.85-mile circuit on the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2, giving the team a valuable boost ahead of the TT.

Racing at the Isle of Man TT starts on Saturday 3 June, with the six-lap Superbike race kicking off an epic week of racing and the final blue riband Senior TT on Friday 9 June.

The Honda TT Revolution also returns for its fourth year and for 2017 teams up with the world’s largest electronic music publication Mixmag, who are bringing the BBC’s Reggie Yates as headline DJ. A limited number of tickets for what has become the TT’s closing party are on sale through Resident Advisor and also can be purchased on the door at Tahiko, on the night. Tickets are priced at £5 per person*.

*£1 booking fee incurred if booked with Resident Advisor.

[Image: guy2.jpg]

Guy Martin 8

The test last week was good and I am happy with the Fireblade and the changes the lads have made. They have been grafting away and have made a good job with the changes, which showed at the test. I’m grabbing the bull by the horns now and really riding it, whereas before I was just making some small improvements, but now, we are getting somewhere. Let’s see what happens at the TT!

Jonny Twelvetrees - Team Manager

It’s a huge blow to the team not having John with us this year – it really won’t be the same without him!

The whole focus is now on Guy, the Fireblade and getting everything ready in the very small amount of time we had between the North West 200 and the TT races. We had a final pre-TT test last week and I’m pleased to report it went extremely well. We have made a lot progress in a very short space of time – it’s a real credit to the team and their hard work. The changes we have made seem to be completely in sync with Guy’s riding style, so I think he has improved with the CBR and I hope we can continue with this throughout the TT.

31-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply