CRUTCHLOW IN THE POINTS IN CATALONIA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW IN THE POINTS IN CATALONIA
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow produced a battling performance to finish just outside the top ten in the Catalan Grand Prix on Sunday. It proved a largely frustrating weekend for the British rider who suffered three falls on Friday and Saturday, but he fought hard to ensure he came away with five points from the seventh round of this season’s MotoGP World Championship. 

Crutchlow always faced an uphill task after qualifying in 17th place for Sunday’s showdown and was 18th fastest in the morning warm-up. But, despite further difficulties with his tyre choice, the 31-year-old demonstrated his ability and fighting spirit to make up six places over the course of the race, eventually finishing 11th just behind factory Yamaha rider – and championship leader – Maverick Viñales. 

Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso claimed victory at the Circuit de Barcelona, his second in a row after triumphing at Mugello last time out, with Honda factory pair Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa completing the podium.

[Image: crutchlowbarcelonarace.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow - (11th – 45’09.847) 

“I survived and I managed to finish which is probably the main thing. It wasn’t the greatest day I’ve ever had on a motorcycle, but I was pleased enough having started in 17th. We had our issues in the race and we’ve had them all weekend but, as mad as it sounds, I was actually quite confident of going towards the podium today. I chose a hard tyre thinking that everybody else’s would drop, but ours wasn’t even good on the warm-up lap, so that made things so tough in the race.

“I think we managed well this weekend. We had the odds stacked against us after qualifying in 17th and making the mistakes we did. But Honda did a great job to get Marc (Marquez) and Dani (Pedrosa) on the podium, but it’s difficult when the Ducati bike is making up four tenths on Pedrosa in a straight line. We just have to continue to work hard, but it was a great job by Dovi (Andrea Dovizioso) and I’m really pleased for him.”

12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply