Folger powers to 3rd at Catalunya Test – Zarco closes Montmelo visit in 7th
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Folger powers to 3rd at Catalunya Test – Zarco closes Montmelo visit in 7th
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

The Monster Yamaha Tech3 team riders got straight back on their Yamaha YZR-M1 bikes today as they achieved confidence boosting results at the post race Catalunya test. Jonas Folger impressively finished the blazing hot test in 3rd and as the top independent rider. The young German sampled a different chassis and also focused on the electronics of his bike. Whilst Johann Zarco continued the positive momentum by making firm steps forward regarding suspension settings as he ran on used tyres. After achieving success today, both riders now optimistically eye up the Motul TT Assen, which commences on the 23rd of June.

Jonas FOLGER - Position: 3rd - Time: 1'44.972 - Laps: 42

“The testing went really well today. We sampled a different chassis, which was the main thing and I am happy that I tried it. It was more stable on the braking, yet we lost a bit of turning, unfortunately, but it was positive overall. Anyway, we switched back to the normal chassis and then worked on the engine mapping to help us at the end of the races. We found something that makes the power delivery smooth in a good way and which gives us drive. The team and I also found a few other useful things and we can use this information in Assen. In addition, we also played with the tyre pressure a bit to find out which area I prefer. I had a small crash when we were using the lower pressure, but it was nothing serious and now we know that this doesn’t work for us. Overall, it was a solid weekend, especially after Mugello where we had some issues, but here we made a big step and worked in a great way. I’m looking forward to the next race in the Netherlands and I am sure that we can have a positive time there.”   

[Image: folgerbarcelona.jpg]

Johann ZARCO - Position: 7th - Time: 1'45.452 - Laps: 33

“The test was good for us and it is always nice to get back on the bike the day after a Grand Prix because the positive feeling is still there and you can compare a lot of things. This morning we decided to wait for the asphalt to heat up so that the conditions were similar to when we raced yesterday. When I went out on the track, we did our work on the same tyres and we focused on the suspension in order to get a better feeling and control so that I can enjoy riding more. In the end, I think that we did this well and I was quite fast with the race tyres. Therefore, it was a positive day, but I chose not to complete so many laps because it was important to rest myself and prepare for Assen. Overall, after a busy weekend, it is good to do a test like this where we tried different things with a relaxed mind. Monday was a happy day and I’m looking forward to the next race after a rest this week.“

[Image: zarcobarcelona.jpg]
13-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Website Find Reply