Honda Racing ready for Knockhill challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing ready for Knockhill challenge
[Image: hondapreknockhill.jpg]

After a seven-week break in the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, Honda Racing and its riders Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran are ready for round four this weekend (16-18 June), as the championship heads North of the border to Knockhill, Scotland.

Last week during an official test at Snetterton in Norfolk, O’Halloran topped the timesheets (1:48.297) aboard the all-new Fireblade, setting the pace ahead of this weekend. The Norfolk circuit holds happy memories for The O’Show as he claimed his maiden BSB win there last year. Back in early May O’Halloran secured a podium finish and with the result from last week, he hopes to be able to carry this form to Knockhill this weekend.

Meanwhile team-mate Linfoot secured the eighth fastest time at the test last week and is looking forward to returning to Knockhill, where last year he scored a double podium. Both riders are looking forward to returning to racing after a long break in the series.

2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, round four - Knockhill, Scotland

Event schedule:

Friday 16 June:

1100 - 1145 - FP1
1520 - 1605 - FP2

Saturday 17 June:

1020 - 1105 - FP3
1402 - 1420 - Q1
1427 - 1439 - Q2
1446 - 1454 - Q3

Sunday 18 June:

0920 - 0935 - Warm up
1330 - Race 1 (30 laps, 39 miles)
1630 - Race 2 (30 laps, 39 miles)

Jason O’Halloran #22:

I’m looking forward to getting the main part of the season going, it’s been a long break between rounds and it will be good to get plenty of racing in over the next few weeks. We had a one day test at Knockhill in the rain and a one day test at Snetterton in the dry, where I managed to top the timesheets, which has given us confidence heading into to the weekend. We need to keep working hard to improve and keep pushing towards the front, when we arrive at tracks like Snetterton I can ride in a good way, using the strengths of the Fireblade because the nature of the circuit allows us to, we still need to improve in some key areas when we arrive back at circuits that are more undulating and wheelie prone but for now I’m ready to go racing, I will be pushing and I’m confident of some strong results this weekend. 

Dan Linfoot #4:

Going into the fourth round this weekend I’m looking forward to moving forward with the bike. In the latest test, Jason was fastest so it’s good to see the improvements and I’m looking to be going in the same direction. Last year I was on the podium both times at Knockhill so I’m hoping for another strong weekend there. Previously, I’ve not enjoyed the Knockhill circuit but after the success last year I’m really psyched to be going there. It’s the type of track that we don’t really get to ride often with such a small lap, the weather can play havoc and qualifying can be difficult with so many riders out, but it’s great! Plus it’s nice to be in the main bulk of the season and to be riding the bike regularly.

Havier Beltran, team manager:

Well it seems like forever that Jason had his podium at Oulton Park and even though the team has been busy prepping the bikes and also testing, I know that everyone is keen to get going again this weekend. I’m really happy with how both Jason and Dan are progressing and if last week’s test is anything to go by, with Jason heading up the timesheets, I think this weekend we’ll be in for some good racing! It was great to see Honda Racing at the top of the sheets during the test last week and I know it’s given everyone a real boost going into the weekend. I hope the Scottish weather is kind to us and just can’t wait to get back out there again.

14-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Website Find Reply