Fired up Tech3 duo ready for Motul TT Assen challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Fired up Tech3 duo ready for Motul TT Assen challenge
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

Johann Zarco and Jonas Folger seek to continue their jaw-dropping performances in their rookie MotoGP seasons by seizing two strong results at the legendary Cathedral of Speed this weekend. The rapid French star, Johann Zarco, hopes to fight for a podium in front of the passionate festival crowd. Whilst Jonas Folger intends to extend his 100% point scoring record in 2017 with another top tier placement this Sunday. The action gets underway at 09:55 on Friday the 23rd of June.

Johann ZARCO - Championship: 6th - Points: 75

“Assen is a really impressive circuit, but the weather can complicate matters because it often rains. However, I know that the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team and I will adapt to any situation as best as we can. The Catalunya week, including the test, was a very good experience for me and I want to use the knowledge that we gained to have a more rewarding weekend in the Netherlands. I can use this information to manage the practice sessions more effectively so that I can qualify well and then have a stronger chance in the race to get another podium. This is the target and I am excited to get back on the bike and I must say that it’s always fantastic to ride the Yamaha YZR-M1.”

Jonas FOLGER - Championship: 8th - Points: 51

“I’m sure that the Assen circuit is going to be positive for us because the track suits the Yamaha’s style and it is very meandering and flowing. However, I hope that the weather stays clear because, in Assen, it’s always a bit tricky and unpredictable with the rain. Nevertheless, the team and I want to continue in the same way that we did in Barcelona. We made a good step, which allowed us to improve and be consistent throughout the weekend. We did some great work there, so we fully intend to prove that we can do the same in the Netherlands to close the weekend with a strong result before we head to my home race.”

Hervé PONCHARAL - Team manager

“After a short but well deserved rest, the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team is ready to get back into racing mode for the second pair of back to back races. Assen is always a very special event but especially because our sponsor Motul is the title backer for this round. In addition, the Netherlands is a place where several key motorcycle manufacturers have their European headquarters and we have a lot of top staff coming from Yamaha Europe but also from Yamaha Motor Corporation Japan. It’s an important weekend and there will be many significant meetings for some teams but fortunately for us, we have managed to secure Johann and Jonas for 2018, which we are extremely happy and proud about. Anyway, the short break was well deserved for everybody after the hectic Mugello and Catalunya races, and the Monday test in Barcelona. Furthermore, we had an event at the Tech3 workshop last week with Stanley Black & Decker and there will be some interesting videos online soon where everyone will see that we have fun whilst working! Regarding the race, we know that Johann Zarco is in the second group that is chasing the two championship leaders at the moment, Viñales and Dovizioso. It will be very important to seize another high point scoring finish in order to go to Sachsenring with a lot of points in our pockets. Jonas Folger rode the best GP in his short premier class career in Catalunya, where he tried some interesting things and I’m sure that he will push his teammate in the next few events. We are very excited to go to Assen, which is a historic circuit where the racing is always really entertaining and there are a lot of fans from Northern Europe. The temperature will be cooler compared to the last rounds, and there will be many fans and guests with us, and we are all really looking forward to seeing them and putting on a good show.”

MOTUL TT ASSEN     

[Image: AssenMap.jpg]

TRACK DATA

Pole position: - Left
Length: - 4.542 m
Width: - 14 m
Corners: - 18 (12 right, 6 left)
Longest Straight: - 487 m
Constructed: - 1955
Modified: - 2012

CIRCUIT LOCATION
TT Circuit Assen is located south-west of Assen, near the A28 motorway from Amersfoort to Groningen, approx. 200 km from Amsterdam “Schiphol Airport”, 27 km from Groningen “Eelde Airport” and 2 km from Assen City Centre.

HISTORY
Assen is the only venue to have held a round of the Motorcycle World Championship every year since it’s creation in 1949. The circuit was purpose built for the Dutch TT in 1955 with previous events being held on public roads. The track is narrow, with rapid changes in direction and is fully surrounded by grass banks and grandstands, providing excellent viewing for the hundreds of thousands of fanatical spectators who are drawn to the most prestigious event in Dutch motorsport every year. A huge favourite with riders, Assen is well known for its festival and extravagant atmosphere.

20-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Website Find Reply