HONDA RACING LOOKING TO CONTINUE STRONG FORM AT SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HONDA RACING LOOKING TO CONTINUE STRONG FORM AT SNETTERTON
[Image: hondaracingBSB.jpg]

Snetterton Circuit plays host to the MCE British Superbike Championship this weekend, as the fifth round of the series travels to Norfolk. Honda Racing heads into the weekend off the back of strong performances from riders Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran aboard the all-new 2017 Fireblade.

The O’Show returns to the three-mile circuit looking for a repeat performance of last year, as it was Snetterton where he claimed his maiden BSB victory. With a string of strong results under his belt, a podium secured at Oulton Park and topping the timesheets at a recent official test at Snetterton, the Aussie heads into the weekend positive.

Meanwhile team-mate Linfoot is continuing to progress with the all-new Fireblade and firmly turned a corner at the last round, not leaving the top-ten in all sessions. Snetterton is a circuit the Yorkshireman enjoys and where he scored a double podium last year.

Live timing of the fifth round will be available from britishsuperbike.com.live-timing

2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, round five: Snetterton, Norfolk: 

Event Schedule:

Friday 30 June

1055 – 1140 – FP1
1555 – 1640 – FP2

Saturday 1 July

1040 – 1125 – FP3
1602 – 1620 – Q1
1627 -1639 – Q2
1646 – Superpole

Sunday 2 July 

0930 – 0945 – Warm up
1330 – Race one (16 laps / 48 miles)
1630 – Race two (16 laps / 48 miles)

[Image: hondapresnett.jpg]

Dan Linfoot

I’ve got a good feeling heading to Snetterton this weekend, I had two podium finishes there last year and we’re coming off the back of a strong Knockhill, so I am looking forward to keeping the form and keep improving with the CBR. I am feeling more confident and it seems to be coming together, but you know it is a new machine and with racing you are always developing things, so I’m just looking forward to seeing what we can do. We’re obviously heading into the weekend positive after Jason topping the times at the recent test, so it’s full steam ahead and lets get cracking.

Jason O'Halloran

Of course I am looking forward to the weekend, I always enjoy racing at Snetterton 300, since the new layout I’ve always managed to do quite well there. In the past I won my first Superstock race there and had my debut Superbike win last year, so it holds happy memories. It’s a circuit that suits the Fireblade well, it’s flat, fast and flowing and I am able to ride in a good way and use the benefits of the CBR. We were there a few weeks ago and I topped the timesheets, so we’re heading back with a good starting point. Knockhill was OK, but it’s somewhere I always struggle at, but I managed a fourth and seventh. So this weekend I am looking to make a return to the podium and also bag another race win. The aim will be for two podiums this weekend and if they happen to be race wins, then all-the better!

Havier Beltran - Honda Racing team manager

Following on from Knockhill and heading to this weekend we are still building on our package, developing and fine-tuning the Fireblades. Going to Snetterton we know that both riders enjoy the circuit and it suits their riding styles, and of course we had such great results there last year, with Jason’s win and Dan’s double podium. We’re hoping to continue with Jason’s pace at the recent test and keep working with Dan to elevate him into the top-six.

29-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply