Michael's boost for Armoy event as Race Week gets off the grid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael's boost for Armoy event as Race Week gets off the grid
[Image: mdunlopprearmoy1.jpg]

Michael Dunlop has confirmed his MD Racing team entry for the Roadside Kia Race of Legends 2017 for the Armoy Road Races this weekend.

Michael (28), a regular supporter of the Armoy event since its inception, will be entering the two Supersport races, Open Race and the biggest race of the day, the Roadside Kia 'Race of the Legends'.

Having won the Race of Legends for six years in a row, loal Ballymoney hero Michael will be set on retaining the crown but with many top contenders in the mix including James Cowton on the McAdoo Racing Kawasaki, Mullingar man Derek McGee and Michael's brother William Dunlop on a Temple Golf Yamaha, clerk of the course Bill Kennedy believes that Michael will be hard to beat.

"I'm absolutely delighted that Michael will by racing again this year and vying for the sought after title of Roadside Kia Race of Legends Winner.

Michael has done exceptionally well this year particularly at the TT and the Southern 100, where in addition to setting a new race record pace and a new lap record, he secured his third Southern 100 Solo Championship. I've no doubt Michael will be on fine form at Armoy.

"This year's event is shaping up to be a really good event. We've riders from all over the UK and Ireland and I am confident that we are going to see some exceptional road racing again.

"We've 41 newcomers and nine Moto3 riders. There are some exceptional riders this year particularly the up and coming and I've no doubt that they will be out there to win."

This year there are two races on the Friday night with the Park Electrical Service and Armoy Construction Senior Support Race 1 and First4Printing Supersport 600cc (Race 1), following by Saturday's main race day.

Armoy Road Races are part funded by Tourism NI and the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council but rely heavily on programme sales and these are now on sale, price £15.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
24-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Website Find Reply