Honda Racing revved up for high-speed Thruxton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing revved up for high-speed Thruxton
[Image: hondaracingBSB.jpg]

Honda Racing’s duo Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran head to Thruxton this weekend (4-6 August), fresh from taking part in the prestigious Suzuka 8 Hours. This weekend marks the seventh round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at the high-speed 2.35-mile Hampshire circuit, where both riders will be looking to score big aboard the all-new Fireblade.

The O’Show holds fourth place in the BSB standings and is just 26 points from third place. With three podium finishes already in the bag this season, the Aussie knows he needs another solid points score to keep the chasing Showdown pack at bay.

Meanwhile at the previous round at Brand Hatch, team-mate Linfoot celebrated his first podium of the year finishing race one in second-place. With a taste of podium success fresh in his mind, the 29-year old is now looking to work his way up the championship standings, where he sits tenth – with 39 points separating him and the top-six.

Live timing from the seventh round is available at: britishsuperbike.com/live-timing/

2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, round seven: - Thruxton, Hampshire

Event Schedule:

Friday 4 August 

1040 – 1125 – FP1
1435 – 1520 – FP2

Saturday 5 August

1005 – 1050 – FP3
1602 – 1620 – Q1
1627 – 1639 – Q2
1646 – Superpole

Sunday 6 August

1050 – 1105 – Warm up
1330 – Race one (20 laps, 47.12 miles)
1630 – Race two (20 laps, 47.12 miles)

[Image: linfootprethruxton.jpg]

Having had time to reflect on Brands Hatch, of course it didn’t end the way I wanted it to, but we were on the podium, which is the first one for me this year. I do feel it’s all starting to click a little; I had the podium and also scored the fastest lap in race one, so that has given me some confidence coming into the weekend. Thruxton is a mega circuit and for sure is one of my favorites to race at; everything is just good about it! The goal for the weekend for me is clear and to score as many points as I can, I am outside of the top-six and with the Showdown getting closer I need to collect as many points as possible, so it’s head down and get down to business as soon as possible.

Dan Linfoot / #4  

Thruxton is a super-fast circuit and I really can’t wait to get going, I love riding the Superbike there and loved the circuit back in my Superstock and Supersport days. I scored a podium there last year and the track suited the old Fireblade, so I am looking forward to seeing what we can do with the new CBR. I am sitting in quite a good position at the moment in the championship standings in fourth place, but you can’t be too complacent about this and I know there are a few of the guys who will be fighting this weekend to make their way into the top-six. So we just need to continue with our consistency and keep the points up.
Jason O'Halloran / #22  

The boys have collected four podiums between them so far, which is great for the team and also for the new Fireblade. We have Jason sitting fourth and at the moment is within the Showdown reach, which is a great place to be, but we know that we can’t take this for granted and that we need to stay consistent and well within the points. For Dan, scoring his first podium last time out, I was really pleased for him, we have turned a corner and we now need to keep this momentum going. These next few rounds will prove crucial for the Showdown, so we need to be scoring points in each race and hopefully moving Dan up through the places.
Havier Beltran - Honda Racing team manager  

Standings

1  Shane Byrne  67  190  Be Wiser Ducati  Ducati
2  Luke Mossey  12  161  JG Speedfit Kawasaki  Kawasaki
3  Leon Haslam  91  159  JG Speedfit Kawasaki  Kawasaki
4  Jason O'Halloran  22  133  Honda Racing  Honda
5  Josh Brookes  25  129  Anvil TAG Hire Racing  Yamaha
6  Peter Hickman  60  119  Smiths Racing  BMW
7  Christian Iddon  24  110  Tyco BMW Motorrad  BMW
8  Jake Dixon  27  100  Royal Airforce Regular & Reserve  Kawasaki
9  James Ellison  77  81  McAMS Yamaha  Yamaha
10  Dan Linfoot  4  80  Honda Racing  Honda