CRUTCHLOW EIGHTH FASTEST AS MOTOGP RETURNS IN BRNO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW EIGHTH FASTEST AS MOTOGP RETURNS IN BRNO
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow put in a solid performance as the MotoGP class made its return to action after the summer break in the Czech Republic. The Briton was eighth fastest at the end of the opening day in Brno as the tenth round of the world championship season got underway in mixed conditions. However, Crutchlow admitted there was plenty of work for his team to do ahead of Sunday’s race.

The morning’s FP1 session took place on a wet circuit and Crutchlow struggled to find his best rhythm as he finished it down in 12th spot. However, he improved in the afternoon on a drying track and would eventually claim eighth place on the timesheets, ending up as the second best Honda rider, just behind Dani Pedrosa. But the Briton believes the Team will need to find more speed from his RC213V if he is to prove competitive over the course of the weekend.

[Image: crutchlowfridaybrno.jpg]

#35 Crutchlow (8th – 1’56.961)

“It was a difficult day to be honest. Obviously it was wet in the first session and I didn’t have the greatest feeling again in the rain with my bike, but we were making some progress I thought. Then this afternoon it dried up and the lap times were competitive enough but, considering we tested here the other day, I think it was a disappointing day for us.

“This track is not the best for our bike so we need to work as a manufacturer and a Team to be more competitive. I’m looking forward to doing my best in qualifying tomorrow and then also in the race on Sunday.”

05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Website Find Reply