CRUTCHLOW CLAIMS FIFTH POSITION AT BRNO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW CLAIMS FIFTH POSITION AT BRNO
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow took fifth place at the Czech Republic Grand Prix on Sunday with conditions at a damp Automotodrom Brno proving decisive. After rain prior to the start, the race got underway on a drying track with riders having to make an early switch of tyres to compensate for the change. Marc Marquez’s gamble to switch to slicks earliest paid off as he went on to claim a convincing victory, with Crutchlow unable to battle for a repeat of the victory he secured at this venue last year having left it a little later.

Crutchlow’s efforts to make progress having pitted were held up by the Ducati of Danilo Petrucci which allowed his fellow Honda rider Dani Pedrosa to pull away from him. The Briton did eventually pass Petrucci, but was then overtaken by the factory Yamaha pair of Maverick Vinales and Valentino Rossi late on which meant he had to settle for fifth and not the podium place he had been targeting.

[Image: crutchlowbrno.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow – 5th (44’36.866)

“It would have been nice to battle with Pedrosa for the podium. I came in when he came in and he did a better job of passing (Danilo) Petrucci on the restart than me. It was so difficult to pass the Ducati and once he (Pedrosa) got in front he was able to go and it took me ten more laps than him. Once I got past Petrucci I was also able to go harder, but Maverick had already passed me.

“I’m pleased with the weekend overall, to finish in the top five in Brno is good. But I did want the podium, I aimed for the podium and I didn’t get it so obviously I’m not best pleased. My team did a great job all weekend, so we have to thank Honda and the LCR team and now we go to Austria next week looking to do a good job.”
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 05:39 PM by Malcolm.)
07-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Website Find Reply