DOUBLE-PODIUM WEEKEND FOR COSTELLO & HAUXWELL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DOUBLE-PODIUM WEEKEND FOR COSTELLO & HAUXWELL
[Image: mariachairsthruxton.jpg]

The all-female sidecar team of Maria Costello MBE and Kirsty Hauxwell enjoyed double-podium success during Round 7 of the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship at Hampshire’s Thruxton circuit last weekend, 4th to 6th August.

Racing their LCR sidecar in the 600cc Cup-class within the 1,000cc F1 championship, veteran two-wheel racer and now sidecar driver Maria and her passenger Kirsty made their way onto the podium not once but twice.

“We did our first ever laps of the circuit on Friday and loved it. It’s a super-fast track. Then it poured with rain just before our qualifying session. We came in as we had the wrong tyres for the conditions but the session was red-flagged before we could get back out.

“Race 1 was wet and that was a daunting prospect as it was only our second wet race together on the LCR. So to make the podium, third in our class, felt amazing.

“Then the weekend got even better with another P3 in Race 2 in dry conditions. It’s been incredible. We’ve learnt so much at Thruxton. It’s been a real confidence boost. Our partnership is getting stronger and we feel like we’re really climbing this steep learning curve. We’d like to say a massive thank you to our team, our amazing sponsors and of course our fans for all their support.

“Sadly, Race 3 on Sunday was abandoned after a nasty accident in the opening lap at Turn 1, and another crash on the out-lap of the re-start.

“We’d like to wish everyone involved in the incidents a full and fast recovery and send our condolences to the family, friends and team of Superstock 1000 competitor Mark Fincham who sadly lost his life.”

Maria won’t be resting on her laurels as she heads straight to Ireland to compete on two wheels in the Ulster Grand Prix: 

“I owe my team for doing my share of the awning breakdown because when the race was abandoned that was my chance to catch the ferry and I jumped straight from my sidecar to my van, making the port with moments to spare.”

Maria will then fulfill her commitment to the Beugger Race Team at the Isle of Man Classic TT where she hopes to replicate her 2016 podium finish and return to three wheels for Round 9 at Assen.

For all of the latest news on Maria, including sponsorship opportunities and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com.

[Image: jgspeedfitlogo.jpg]

2017 Sponsors: JG Speedfit, Cool Milk, NGK Spark Plugs, Bike Shed, AEJ Management, AVON tyres, Rock Oil, CPL Print, Knox, Arai, Nitron Suspension, Mac Tools, Pagid, Radicool, Pro-Bolt, Proline Finishers, Signs2Wraps, Jap4Performance, Premier Bodyworks, Pro Grip, Gear leathers, Arai, Knox, Hel Performance, Hello Market, Bournemouth Kawasaki, Translogic Systems Ltd, Racing Batteries.

08-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Website Find Reply