Honda Racing on the hunt at home round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing on the hunt at home round
[Image: hondaracingBSB.jpg]

This weekend (18-20 August) the eighth round of the MCE British Superbike Championship is in Honda Racing’s back garden, as the series travels to Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire, for the ‘Party in the Park’.

Jason O’Halloran arrives at Cadwell with the main focus to protect his place in the top-six and secure more points to elevate him further in the all-important Showdown. Currently sitting joint-fifth with Josh Brookes, the O’Show knows that his rival Showdown contenders are hot on his heels and keen to take his place in the top-six, so a big points haul is needed this weekend.

Meanwhile team-mate Dan Linfoot is on the back foot in the Showdown standings, sitting ninth overall and 51 points away from the top-six. With competition now even higher, as the Showdown deciding round looms, the Yorkshireman knows that strong results this weekend are crucial to keep his Showdown hopes alive.

Live timing from the eighth round is available at: britishsuperbike.com/live-timing/

2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, round eight: -  Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire

Event Schedule:

Friday 18 August
1015 – 1100 – FP1
1515 – 1600 – FP2

Saturday 19 August
1005 – 1050 – FP3
1602 – 1620 – Q1
1627 – 1639 – Q2
1646 – 1654 – Q3

Sunday 20 August
0940 – 0955 – Warm-up
1330 – Race 1 (18 laps)
1630 – Race 2 (18 laps)

I am genuinely really looking forward to the weekend, Cadwell in the past is a track I have been weak at and haven’t enjoyed so much, but I feel we made a step forward last year. We had a good test a few weeks ago so we arrive at the track ready with some base settings for the new Fireblade, so I am looking forward to getting back there and racing now. As it's Honda Racing's home race there's always a lot of support over the weekend from fans and the atmosphere all weekend is great, it's a popular round for both racers and fans. I have had a season of ups and downs, so I hope we can have a solid round at the weekend and recover some points to get us back into the top-six.
Dan Linfoot

Cadwell Park is for me the event I most look forward in the BSB calendar; it’s my home race in the UK and also the team’s local race, I have great support there with local fans and also a lot of my sponsors are based locally. It’s a race I love and I have managed to go well there previously and have finished on the podium every year since 2012, except 2015 as I was out injured, but I have a good track record there and scored a double podium on the Superbike last year. I would love to stand on the top-step at Cadwell – a win there is definitely on the list! It’s a difficult round as a lot of the lads love the circuit and competition is always high, so I am expecting a tough and competitive weekend. We had a good test a few weeks back and I am feeling strong in myself and also with the all-new Fireblade, so I am ready for two tough races come Sunday, but I will be aiming for the podium and I am ready for the challenge.
Jason O'Halloran

Well we’re heading to Cadwell Park this weekend and it’s the home round for Honda Racing BSB. Cadwell is a very unique circuit, which always brings great racing and a fantastic crowd. We will continue working in the way we have been over the weekend; we had a good test recently there, so we aren’t starting from scratch. I hope we are able to provide a competitive package to propel both riders to the front of the pack and bring back some silverware from our home race.
Havier Beltran - Honda Racing team manager

[Image: hondaprecadwell.jpg]
16-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply