BACK TO THE GLORIOUS SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT FOR TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BACK TO THE GLORIOUS SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT FOR TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR
[Image: suzukiecstarlogo.jpg]

Team SUZUKI ECSTAR is heading to Great Britain and the Silverstone circuit where last year the GSX-RR got its first victory in the MotoGP class after its return in 2015. The English circuit is an advantageous one for Suzuki’s Factory bike since it is very smooth and has fast corners suitable for the agility of the machine.

The last two races in the Czech Republic and Austria led to important information the team used to improve the bike´s performance. Despite the results of the race not meeting expectations, both Andrea Iannone and Alex Rins are positive about the improvements and eager to fight on for better positions.

With more than 60 years of history Silverstone has become one of the most prestigious venues dedicated to motorsport. Completely revamped in recent years, the multi-million pound investment saw the completion of the first phase of works which greatly improved the venue in 2010. It has been made into one of the fastest tracks on the MotoGP calendar and earns high praise from the World Championship riders who enjoy the new layout.

The track is 5.9 km (3.67 miles) in length, with a good balance between left and right hand corners: 8 left and 10 right-handers. Sunday's race will be run over a total of 20 laps, for a total distance of 118.0 km (73.4 miles).

[Image: iannonepresilverstone.jpg]

Davide Brivio – Team Manager

“We have of course great memories here from the past but now we also have to think of the present and the future. I’d say we should exploit our advantages from last year and to try to repeat them. This is what we will try to do. In the last race in Austria both Andrea and Alex made some important progress. We will try to make use of this improvement race after race until the end of the season. As we continue this process we hope that Silverstone will be another important step.”

Andrea Iannone

“Silverstone is a nice track that may be well-suited for our machine. Last year Suzuki won their first race at this circuit, so our enthusiasm is even greater. Of course we also have important data from last year that may be useful also for us, despite the performance level overall being different. We found important information at Brno and also in Austria that we will hopefully be able to use efficiently to improve our performances.”

Alex Rins

"After a difficult weekend struggling greatly with braking, we arrive at Silverstone which in theory is the most suitable circuit for the Suzuki GSX-RR. Silverstone is one of the tracks I like the most in the calendar so I'm eager to race there and to enjoy it. I have very good memories in Silverstone and I will try to do my best there, and try to get a good result.”
24-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Website Find Reply