Carl Bell Smashes Femur in Knockhill Incident
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Carl Bell Smashes Femur in Knockhill Incident
[Image: carlbelllegbreak.jpg]

Carl Bell’s F1 sidecar racing debut has ended prematurely with a smashed femur after a crash in qualifying yesterday morning.

As UK Clubsport reported, Bell had teamed up with cousin Mick this weekend to race an F1 machine for the first time at Knockhill.

Just a week on since he got married to Lauren, Carl was set to line up in the Bell Racing LCR Suzuki at the final round of the Marin Scottish Sidecar Championship at this weekend’s KMSC club racing event.

Mick – who shares the outfit with brother Phil – had been leading the championship as the family made the short trip north from their Northumberland homes to try and seal the deal.

But the Bell dynasty’s hopes came to an abrupt end in Saturday morning’s qualifying, when the outfit tipped over and Carl spilled out, smashing his femur.

Saturday evening, the son of sidecar legend the late Ian Bell is comfortable in hospital awaiting an operation to fix the leg .

“We were going well, but somehow we just went a bit wide and it tipped over,”.

“I’m feeling a bit better now since they let me have a drink, and now I’ve just got to wait for the op

[Image: ukclubsportlogo.jpg]
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Website Find Reply