Manx/Classic TT photos
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Manx/Classic TT photos
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people really like what others think mundane.

Accredited photographers have much more scope than amateur/hobbyists who have to find our spots like everyone else. Maybe you are seeing shots by people limited in this way.

As Sticky says the accredited guys will be shooting what and where it puts food on the table. What gets into the main media is not necessarily what all of their output is like, nor necessarily what they would prefer.

If you are looking for a front wheel in the air shot there are certain locations to go to to get one, despite the length of the course perhaps not as many as you might think. That's why many of these type shots are in similar locations.

As a hobbyist myself I love to get pin sharp close up shots of riders doing their thing, but actually what I regard as my favourites are often landscapes with a rider within it - such is the beauty of the IoM and the iconic locations these really appeal to me.

As I said at the start - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
11-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Manx/Classic TT photos - by cregnybaa - 09-09-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Manx/Classic TT photos - by sticky - 09-09-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: Manx/Classic TT photos - by HammerHead - 11-09-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: Manx/Classic TT photos - by dommyman - 12-09-2017, 07:15 PM