Oulton Park Next Week
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oulton Park Next Week
Oulton Park have said that the general public are not allowed in the circuit next weekend until Sunday( oficial practice day)in other words competitors only on Sat.
24-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Oulton Park Next Week
Thanks Pykey but think we will have to be content watchin on Sky TV or <A HREF="http://www.mst-group.co.uk">www.mst-group.co.uk</A> as all the BSB meetings are now clashing with the Scottish Championship series which is really disapointing as you know how much i love Oulton Park.
cheers
Stella x
24-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

WHATever next ! Are they trying to kill off the
sport ?
Lots of stuff going around in Ireland at the
moment about restricted areas for photographers.
All to do with the insurance, health and safety
need I go on !
Putting the practise on the telly and no spectators what will the public think ??!!
25-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gail the same happened last year hundreds turned up Sat but officals tried to turn them away, in the end common sense prevailed and they had to let us in.When i rang the circuit office they said only competitors are allowed in the circuit on Sat for free practice? as you say crazy but who are we to argue.
25-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

But why don't they let spectators in? Who makes these decisions? As usual you will never get to know who makes these decisions & never get an answer.
25-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know anything about practice regulations, but I wonder if the insurance company reduces the premium if spectators are not permitted.

Another thought on the lines of more marshalls required for spectators in the circuit and we often hear complaints of difficulty in getting marshalls (ALL VOLUNTEERS) for two days.

Look at the situation this way the circuit is losing revenue over the weekend, so there must be good sane reason to keep spectators out.

Thoughtfully,

Big D.
25-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Derek i think that its something to do with local planning, i have heard that these days Oulton Park need special planning for a 3 day event.
25-04-2004, 06:23 PM