3. Bushy's....
4. Only 28 days to go.........
28-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Good news about the 2004 TT.
Stop it you Jezabel!!

Hasnt it come around quickly?

I cant believe that at the age of 61 (I demand a recount!) and with 37 years since I first went, I still get SO excited. ....and I now hear that Jim Redman has a Honda 6 to play with. Now THAT got me going, all over again....!

Mike
28-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If it's the same Honda he had out here in Australia recently you'd better wear your earplugs if you're standing beside it!! How exciting it was for us to be so close to this fit looking man astride this amazing machine. Yes, Mike, like the TT even experiences like this still send a quiver up and down my spine.....and I'm nearly as old as you!!
28-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I KNOW its a bit, er, loud!
I have such memories of watching one being warmed up in a certain hotel car park, in Douglas, by little Honda mechanics in white overalls and gloves. The six was revved up and the needle went most of the way around the dial. This was accompanied by showers of pebbledash falling off the hotel wall! Awesome.
Another, slightly later, memory is of coming up alongside Ago and Magni on two of the MV 3s at the traffic lights on the prom, on the way to morning practice.

More recent memories are of the Fath URS fours (solo ridden by John Blanchard and outfit but Colin Seely) at Scarboro. I was in the top car park and the sound from down at the start (!) was amazing. But..when they came up to the top? I guess I could sue!! Lovely stuff.
Finally, 2 years ago, I was at an MV gathering at the Sulby Glen Hotel (are those gatherings gone for ever?)
In among the relatively modern 750s etc , was a GP 350 four. The owner (or rider?) produced a roller to start it up. Those of us who knew what to expect, either move away slightly or put fingers in ears! The younger ones didnt do either and got one hell of a shock!!
I have to say, I miss the noise in the Island but it sems to be back in MotoGp!

Mike

28-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We only realise how integral sound is to the enjoyment of motor racing in general when it is removed. That's why I love the 125s.

29-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh Steady Helen, too much excitement for an old bird! Just suffering the long wait till that friday night dash to Heysham - again.
29-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Knockhill this weekend??
29-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am on nights so we cant make it. Ill text or ring soon
29-04-2004, 10:12 PM