New Partner Sought for Scarborough Bike Racing
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Oliver's mount debacle
(16-06-2018, 10:52 PM)H2pots Wrote: I notice that Oliver's mount is in some bother. The scarby council don't want the auto66, the auto66 seem very very sluggish with refunds for advanced bookings and race fees and meetings getting cancelled.

I hope there's a resolution in the future as olivers mount is my favorite mainland event and I intend to continue to go.

Thats not true =the the Council have always supported the races even against local resident complaints - if they didn't want the races they would have just not renewed the lease - its a private road and they close it when they want.

Anyone with any involvement with racing at Ollys knows what the problem is and that the organisers have a long history of advertising 'stars' who never turn up and exaggerating the quality of entrants, theres also many racers  who have struggled to get  appearance and prize money. The Auto 66 'club' is actually a Ltd company in the same ownership of the company who are contracted to provide all the services at the circuit and which owns all of the equipment - at the moment they are threatening to put that company into liiquidation if pressed - thereby killing the event off. Nobody is going to get any refunds for prepaid tickets even if a new company takes over they won't be able to afford to honour existing tickets.

Ticket and camping prices have way outstripped the quality of the offer and even when there were 'good' years little of the profit appears to have been saved for a rainy day.

Everyone who has ever dealt with the personalities in charge will understand why the Council has decided it no longer wants the involvement of these people in the running of one of the resorts jewels. Sadly the only way of saving the event is to have a completely new team with substantial financial backing running the event professionally- I'm only seven numbers away form having the cash!.
17-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Oliver's mount debacle - by H2pots - 16-06-2018, 10:52 PM
RE: Oliver's mount debacle - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 17-06-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: Oliver's mount debacle - by H2pots - 17-06-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Oliver's mount debacle - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 17-06-2018, 02:37 PM