Honda Racing ready to fight back at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing ready to fight back at Knockhill
[Image: hondalogobsb.jpg]

Honda Racing’s Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran arrive at Knockhill this weekend ready to fight back at the fifth round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship.
Heading north of the border the Honda squad is ready to put the woes of the last round behind them and sights are firmly set on the podium, and collecting a solid points haul at the Scottish circuit.

Linfoot dug deep last time out returning from a neck injury and although having been taken out in the opening race by another rider, along with teammate O’Halloran, he gave an impressive performance in the second race to finish fourth after starting from 11th on the grid.

The Yorkshireman enjoyed two successful tests aboard the CBR1000RR Fireblade last week, and was able to test out the new surface at Knockhill. Linfoot is sitting 11th in the championship standings and knows a solid meeting is needed this weekend in order to move up the ranks.

Meanwhile ‘The O’Show’ has been back on an intense rehab programme following the incident at Snetterton that cut his weekend short. The Aussie missed the recent tests as he concentrated on getting stronger in order to get his title aspirations back on track this weekend.

Track action for the fifth round gets underway on Friday (6 July) with first practice taking place at 11.00-11.45. Live timing across the weekend will be available from: britishsuperbike.com/live-timing

[Image: Linfootpreknockhill.jpg]

#4 - Dan Linfoot

I’m really looking forward to getting going at Knockhill; I have in the past enjoyed good results there so I am aiming for points and podiums this weekend. It won’t be an easy challenge going from the times set during the recent test, everyone was flying with the new surface! But, I am confident in the Fireblade package we have for the weekend. Snetterton was less than ideal in the opening race as I just wanted to get a race distance under my belt returning from injury, but at least I got the first crash out the way! The second race I really enjoyed, coming from 11th to finish fourth was great and it really built my confidence back up again. We have quite a bit of work to do over the next few rounds and as I missed two with injury, we’re now 11th in the standings, so it’s heads down this weekend and start building back into the top-six where I know we can be.

#22 - Jason O'Halloran

We’re going to be playing catch up a little this weekend, having missed the test last week and not being able to try the new surface out before the weekend. Friday will be spent getting used to that and just getting back up to speed really. Everything injury-wise is coming on good and my body is responding to all the therapy, I had some setbacks and probably lost the first week after being taken out at Snetterton, but since then I’ve had good solid progress and made a real step forward with the strength in my leg. I’m not 100% still, but I am 100% better than I was at Snetterton, and there we got a decent lap time and I felt good, but that was still early days with my strength so I am confident coming into this weekend with the progress that’s been made. It’s still going to be a building process for us and we need to think about the long game, do what we can to get through this round with as many points as possible and look forward to the races afterwards. My body will only get stronger and I’ve been working hard to get strong mentally and physically. It looks like the weather should be good this weekend and I can’t wait to get back out on the CBR and see what we can do.

Havier Beltran -  Team Manager

This weekend we’re coming in fighting with the aim of getting both Dan and Jason up in the sharp end where we all know they’re capable of running. Snetterton was unfortunate, but it showed that Jason had strong pace when not 100% fit, and he’s a lot stronger now than he was so I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do this weekend. They both have the bit between their teeth and they both know what the Fireblade is capable of, which has been proven at each round already this season. Apart from the last round we’ve been on the podium at every race this year, so the potential is there. Times will be fast this weekend if testing is anything to go by and hopefully with the good weather set to continue into the weekend we should be in for some exciting racing.

05-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Website Find Reply