Gagne and Camier fight to double points finish in Portimão Race 2
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gagne and Camier fight to double points finish in Portimão Race 2
[Image: redbullhondawsb.jpg]

The Red Bull Honda World Superbike Team completed round 10 of the FIM Superbike World Championship with a double points haul in Race 2 at Portimão.

Camier and Gagne started Race 2 from fourteenth and fifteenth place on the grid respectively and after a slow start, increased their pace in the second half of the twenty lap contest to make up positions around the technical Portuguese track.

Gagne managed to maintain an excellent rhythm in the latter stages and finished in twelfth place, the rookie’s performance saw him finish just a couple of seconds behind a top ten placing.

Meanwhile Camier found himself as low as seventeenth place but methodically made his way past the slower riders ahead of him to claim fourteenth place and ensure a point-scoring result in his 200th race in the FIM World Superbike Championship.

With ten rounds of the championship completed Camier sits in thirteenth place in the standings on 90 points, while Gagne is seventeenth overall with 48 points with 3 rounds remaining this season.

The next round of the FIM Superbike World Championship takes place at France’s Magny-Cours circuit from the 28th to the 30th of September.

[Image: GagneatOulton.jpg]

Leon Camier 2

We tried another setting for Race 2 today to try and improve my feeling on the bike but unfortunately it didn't work so it was a tough race. There's more work we can do to get the best out of our package, as I still think the bike is capable of a lot more than what we got out of it here in Portimão. I'm looking forward to working with the team to turning things around in Magny-Cours.

Jake Gagne 45

We had a really positive weekend here in Portugal, having all that testing made the start of the race weekend easier and that helped me in the races. Today I had a good Warm Up and the changes we made to the Fireblade made it work better in the race. I finished 12th so it was good to get more points and learn from the guys I was racing with. Overall I'm happy with the progress I made this weekend and as I raced at Magny-Cours last year, for the next round I'm sure we can aim for more good results.

Kervin Bos -  Team Manager

The positives to take away from this weekend is the performance of Jake who had his most consistent race weekend away from his home round and he stepped up again in Race 2. On Leon's side though, it was a disappointing weekend as we weren't able to give him a bike he could perform on and this showed in the result today. We need to analyse the data, work out what happened and ensure we can provide a better performing package for our riders at Magny-Cours in two weeks time.

17-09-2018, 09:43 AM
Website Find Reply