French TT rider fatal accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

French TT rider fatal accident
From the TT bulletin on iomtt.com:

"Forty-four-year-old married father of three Serge Le Moal, of Camballe, France, crashed at Braddan Bridge on his first lap. He was riding a 125cc Honda in his first Isle of Man event."

Really a NOT good start for the "new" TT... Does somebody know more about this sad accident (its dynamics etc.)? I'm wondering if it was the rider forgetting the track. Ray Knight in his book "TT rider's guide" write that he didn't remember the track at Braddan bridge, in his first ever TT lap.

30-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: French TT rider
This is not the time to start analysing but I do agree that a worse start it could not be........

There will be soul-searching but let us all remain calm and see what transpires.............

Unfortunately, we also have the reports of "fans" having died as well, and the papers say three...
30-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi can I say that 3 locols that died ware NOT naccerey TT fans we have peaple that die on manx roads in Dec is that a TT spacteter that has died?
the 3 that died was not in practice or race week.

31-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SAD DAYS
Regretably, the public think that if a biker is even injured on the Island it has something to do with the TT...This has been so for many years...

I used to have a neighbour who saw me getting out of my car, beautifully sunburnt, with all my souvenirs and with a smile on my face having seen TT racing with all the extras, to be greeted with a sneering "Another three then ?"

How do you get round this when all the papers report are accidents, accidents.....

This weekend there's no pic of Button coming third only a great smash involving Ralf Schumacher...

And that's supposed to sell newspapers ?

The general public is now brainwashed into wanting to hear and see death and destruction and to me this is an unhealthy outlook on life.

And now the general press hangs, not on the fact that it is a new TT and good things could come out of it, but they are watching the stats for accidents and mayhem...............
It is only a few years ago that a well known newspaper sent a journalist/photographer to the TT.

His brief was to go "where the crashes happen !!"

In the press office among motorcycle journalists he was taken to Governors bridge and the like or even ignored at times.
He made it quite obvious why he was present !
All sad !!!

31-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Braddan is the first real left-hander and the left side of your tyres are still cold, especially on the first lap. It is wise to take it easy through there.

Sadly I see this often, short-track hotshots come over and try to ride the course like a short circuit. Sometimes it takes a well-publicised serious incident to remind them to calm down a bit.

Little consolation to this rider, rest his soul.
02-06-2004, 12:49 PM