TT Spectating Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT Spectating Points
I'm new to this website but would like to share with you an amazing spot to watch the racing from. You can get close to the action at a place called Ballannodomiss (not sure of correct spelling). I think it is not far from Ballacurnkeil, or Cronk y croghy. There is an old shed and a big tree at it.
30-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT Spectating Points
I see posted elsewhere one of my favourite sections has been prohibited .

The section is between the 30 sign and the cottage on the left at Rhencullen.

This section is packed at the best of times but where are they going to put everyone ?

Myles

30-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you get off the ferry they sell you a large self-destruct polythene bag...

In it is your programme, flak jacket, industrial helmet, shin pads, heavyweight boots.............. and a pair of strong binoculars !!! Then you go and spectate.

...Don't laugh, it'll come if they continue to close all the vantage points!!

Stll, you could always end up at either of my favourite spots.

1. The corner before Keppel which IS Clarks Corner
Here there are a number of places to see the racing from 33rd right down to Cronk-ny-Mona if you like walking !!
2. Cronk-y-Voddee at the Institute..
30-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

best TT Spectating Points
When you get off the ferry they sell you a large self-destruct polythene bag...

In it is your programme, flak jacket, industrial helmet, shin pads, heavyweight boots.............. and a pair of strong binoculars !!! Then you go and spectate.

...Don't laugh, it'll come if they continue to close all the vantage points!!

Stll, you could always end up at either of my favourite spots.

1. The corner before Keppel which IS Clarks Corner
Here there are a number of places to see the racing from 33rd right down to Cronk-ny-Mona if you like walking !!
2. Cronk-y-Voddee at the Institute..
30-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been round the course to investigate this spot tonight, and I'm really impressed. I'll definitely go there to watch tomorrow night. It's not too difficult to get to, and just a couple of miles north of St Stephen's Meadow, where I'm staying for the next two weeks. Roll on tomorrow !

30-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's quite along hike when the roads are closed, but you could go in past Cronk Dhoo. I turned off when I reached the standing stone near Yn Druin.
31-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Lee.Its a great spot isn't it? Pity its private ground, but it was OK the other night. That young woman was very accomodating, wasn't she? What did you say to her?
31-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT Spectating Points
TRY THE 16th Milestone !!!
31-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

She certainly was most accommodating, that lady marshal. No restrictions at all !

I'm so glad to have found such a brilliant vantage point. It's a really great place to spot all the riders who are too slow to be out there.
01-06-2004, 12:10 AM