Mossey on the move to OMG Racing Suzuki for 2019 campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mossey on the move to OMG Racing Suzuki for 2019 campaign
[Image: MosseytoOMG.jpg]

Luke Mossey will make a switch to the OMG Racing Suzuki team for the 2019 Bennetts British Superbike Championship season as they aim to build on their debut year in the series.

The 26-year-old has lined up with the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team for the past four seasons and has been a race-winner and Showdown contender. The switch to Suzuki will be a first for Mossey and something he is looking forward to, when he begins testing this weekend with the team.

Mossey said:

“I am really happy to be able to announce my plans for 2019. It has been a tough year for me, but I want to thank Pete, Julie and all of the Bournemouth Kawasaki team for the past four years and wish them all the best for the future.

“I needed a change and I can't wait to get started with OMG Racing. I am excited to get a go on the Suzuki as I have only raced a Kawasaki in BSB and after the season I have had, this is the new fresh challenge I need.

“I get to work with my old crew, Ray Stringer, Jonny Gill and Pete Gill and I can't wait to work with these guys again. We get to ride the bike twice before Christmas so hopefully we can get a good direction with the bike that will suit me. I think knowing all my crew from before will also make a big difference.

“I was hoping for a lot more in 2018 and it didn’t come together for various reasons, but I am looking forward to 2019 and getting the Luke Mossey back that we had before.”

The ‘M’ of the OMG Racing team, Greg McPhail, said:

“As a new team to the paddock in 2018, the ‘O‘ 'M' & 'G' are delighted to have Luke Mossey join the family. Luke is a rider I have personally followed over the past few years and is undoubtedly a huge talent. I truly believe aboard the OMG Racing Suzuki, with the quality and passion of the team around him, there is no doubt he will be 'Having Fun, Winning Races’.”

Team Principal Paul Curran concluded:

“I’m looking forward to working with Luke for next year’s BSB Championship. He’s had a difficult year in 2018, but we are looking to put all that behind him and push forward to make sure we are in the Showdown for 2019 and fighting for the championship.

“He has history with Ray and Jonny and they work very well together so, with the right package underneath him and the support of the team, I’m confident that the results will come.

“We have our first run out with Luke this weekend at the Race of the Year at Mallory Park, in Leicestershire. The weather is looking good so it will be a great event for his first, no pressure, and a taste of what the Suzuki can do.”

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
19-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply