Sidecar Crew need Urgent help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidecar Crew need Urgent help
Hi All,

Don't know if anyone can help but here is the problem I am facing tonight.

Went out on Practise this evening on the last Yamaha YZF600 Thundercat engine we have. Unfortunately the sump bung which in an oversight was not lockwired backed off and eventually parted company with the motor.

Whilst the oil catch tank worked extremely well it did not do so much good for the motor which seized solid on the approach to Ballacraine.

Now here is where the problem comes in...this was our last motor and not to put too fine a point on it was are now up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Does anyone know where we can A) Beg, B) Steal, C) Borrow or D) in a last resort 'BUY' a motor to keep us in the TT....I use option D as the last real resort as money is kinda in tight supply.

I do have an MZ Skorpian 660 Single cylinder bike I would gladly part with (slick bass did the motor and it has not been raced since he did the work) for the right engine too.

Only other option we have is that we have got a good top end and good bottom end from other motors if someone can put it together for us as neither of us are mechanics.

If anyone can help in any way or offer any suggestions as to where we can get hold of an engine please either post here, send me an Email at <A HREF="mailto:mtfitz@mcb.net">mtfitz@mcb.net</A> or call me on 07624 473588.

Thanks

Mark Fitzgerald
Passenger Sidecar 57
01-06-2004, 12:39 AM